News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

fly fishing film tour hits charlotte march 13...

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 06, 2008, 19:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Fire-Fly

Wooly... any idea what will be there, will it just be films?

flyman

Looks like these guys have agreed to also show the film in Fayetteville http://www.fishwithra.com/tarheelff.html in conjunction with the March of Dimes http://www.flytieathon.com/.

I have participated in the tieathon for the last 3 years. All the money raised goes to the March of Dimes, and the flies that are tied are sent to http://www.castingforrecovery.org/. Good event for 2 good causes. If anyone needs info or would like come tie let me know. If you can't come there are other ways you could help. Each tier is basically responsible for raising a certain about of money to participate. The last couple of years it has been $50.00. So any money, flies, or fly tying supplies (for the tiers to use at the tieathon) would all be helpful.

A couple of you have ask me about what type of flies are most needed although I am sure they would be glad to have just about any type of trout fly you can tie 0--0. This info is from the CFR website.

FLIES NEEDED:

For fishing – Bead-head Nymphs (sizes 10, 12); Attractor Dry Flies (sizes 8-12); Terrestrials (sizes 10, 12); Wooly Buggers (lightly weighted, sizes 6, 8); Parachute Adams (sizes 10,12)

For fundraising – Special Flies or Collections (by exceptional tiers)

For participants – Put together a box of flies for each participant, each with an assortment of 6-12 flies. There are 14 participants at each retreat.

For prize drawings at the retreats – put together a box of flies for one lucky participant.

These flies are distributed where needed. If you would like to donate flies to a specific retreat, let us know! .

Yea, I'm redneck, so what!

peter p

Peter

flyman

Pete,
You can make a check out to the March of Dimes and mail it to me and I will turn it in at the time of the event. Basically what we do is everyone is given a donations sheet that we record who has given what and turn it in at the time of the event. If anyone would rather mail it directly to the fellow that is handling the event, that is fine. Just be sure to make it to the March of Dimes.

Fayetteville Fly Tiers
441 Kingsford Rd
Fayetteville, NC 28314

Here is the email for the contact person if anyone has any questions.

flytieathon@gmail.com

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

flyman

Thanks Phish ;) For the donation and the info on Pay-Pal ;D

flyman

Peddler

Here's info on the Charlotte showing later this week. No tie-athon in Charlotte but it is sponsored by TU and the FFF.
It looks like quite a variety of short films will be shown.

Fly Fishing Film Tour

WWW.AEGMEDIA.COM

When: Thursday, March 13, 2008
Doors Open: 6:30 PM
Show Starts: 7:00 PM
Address: 345 N. College Street, Charlotte, NC 28202

General Admission Seating: Adult - $15; Senior - $12; Child - $10
Advanced tickets only available online at www.aegmedia.com If show is not sold out tickets will be available at the door before the film, cash only.

"Reel Time"
"Fishizzle"
"Four Seasons of Steelhead"

Intermission

"Fish Bum 1 Mongolia, River Wolf"
"River Poets"
"Destinations"

Take a gander at some of the film clips here: http://www.flyfishingfilmtour.com/ScreenRoom.asp
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

flyman

The films were great and it was a fun event. The tie-a-thon the next day was a success. I think we tied a couple hundred flies for Casting for Recovery and raised a little over $7100.00 for the March of Dimes, pretty good for such a small group. Thanks again Pete and Phish ;) Got to tie with Al part of the day and enjoyed his company. :D Thanks Al for your contribution of time, flies, and donations raised also. I didn't take any photos but maybe someone else did and I will post some later. 8)