News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

What a shit show.

Started by Woolly Bugger, January 06, 2021, 17:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

The Q

How many parents are deeply concerned about their kids being exposed, and hooked on this shit?

I'm hearing up to 25 percent of teens is some locales are indulging. 

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I'm surprisingly confident in the covid vaccines we are scheduled to receive.  But this sort of lack of rational behavior will follow us forever until we find an inoculation for gullibility, stupidity, and ignorance, which ain't going to happen in our lifetime.   

Tomorrow, I am headed to my favorite location on earth, the confluence of Back Creek and Little Back Creek.  I am not taking a rod or any gear other than a bag of Red Man sugarless chew, my pipe, and my smoke.  I am going to settle my ass on a big flat rock, watch the water, and persuade myself, as I've done multiple times, why I should give a fuck.   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Onslow

QuoteThe U.S. Secret Service is investigating death threats against Vice President Mike Pence made by pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood, Fox News has learned.

Wood, who was banned from Twitter last week, is suspected of writing a now-deleted post on Parler: "Get the firing squads ready. Pence goes FIRST."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/secret-service-investigative-death-threats-against-pence

troutrus

That's a darn shame after the man kissed the bosses ass for five years.

Hope he stays safe, but I'm sure if anything happens the holy ones will offer up thoughts and prayers.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 09, 2021, 14:49:20 PMTomorrow, I am headed to my favorite location on earth, the confluence of Back Creek and Little Back Creek. 

After the creekside rumination, I am sorry to say the only revelations were all entirely irrelevant.  Water continues to flow downslope, flat thin creek rocks make the best skippers, it is darned chilly if you're forced to urinate outdoors this time of year, and my nut cannon feels much smaller when it is cold. 

Family, friends, a new fly line, and the anticipation of spring turkeys will heal my scarred temperament. 

All you folks take care and nil carborundum illegitimi.

Dougfish

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Onslow

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutrus

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 11, 2021, 11:34:12 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 09, 2021, 14:49:20 PMTomorrow, I am headed to my favorite location on earth, the confluence of Back Creek and Little Back Creek. 

After the creekside rumination, I am sorry to say the only revelations were all entirely irrelevant.  Water continues to flow downslope, flat thin creek rocks make the best skippers, it is darned chilly if you're forced to urinate outdoors this time of year, and my nut cannon feels much smaller when it is cold. 

Family, friends, a new fly line, and the anticipation of spring turkeys will heal my scarred temperament. 

All you folks take care and nil carborundum illegitimi.

Hope ya didn't go to building any of those dern cairns out of those flat thin rocks.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

for comparison purposes only...

Mayday Stop The War Demonstrations 1971

start at 24:54 to see the 1971 siege of the capitol

or watch the whole thing...

me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quintessential hypocrisy and posturing!!!!!  Real bullshit!!!  Now they want the "ability to heal"?

I'm reminded of Ruby's words (Cold Mountain):  "But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'"

"South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham, who has been a staunch supporter of Trump and only broke with him Wednesday night on the Senate floor, said he believed that "impeachment would further destroy our ability to heal and start over."

Graham said Trump "moved the country in the right direction last night with his statement" and, like Brady and Cruz, placed the onus on Biden — rather than the president himself or Congress — to correct course."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-are-calling-for-impeachment-following-trump-incited-riot-some-republicans-want-e2-80-98unity-e2-80-99-instead/ar-BB1cCWTs?ocid=uxbndlbing

greg

Lindsey is an ass kissing piece of shit. He was John McCain's best friend until about two minutes after McCain's funeral. Then he had his nose up trumps ass.

Woolly Bugger

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-mob-failure/2021/01/11/36a46e2e-542e-11eb-a817-e5e7f8a406d6_story.html

>>> The man who vowed to be a president of law and order failed to enforce the law or restore order. The man who has always seen himself as the protector of uniformed police sat idly by as Capitol Police officers were outnumbered, outmaneuvered, trampled on — and in one case, killed. And the man who had long craved the power of the presidency abdicated many of the responsibilities of the commander in chief, even having to be prodded into belatedly calling up reinforcements from the National Guard.
me -There's a season?

Dougfish

The clock started ticking faster. A tipping point has been reached.  :wave
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006