Main Menu

What a shit show.

Started by Woolly Bugger, January 06, 2021, 17:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutrus

Quote from: Onslow on January 06, 2021, 20:43:45 PM
Quote from: troutrus on January 06, 2021, 20:05:30 PM
Quote from: Onslow on January 06, 2021, 19:53:28 PM
Quote from: troutrus on January 06, 2021, 17:41:23 PMI guess the cops only use gas and rubber bullets on black folk.

Deplorable

IDK, I was swarmed two years ago by cops for speeding in a 20, had guns pointed at me in Charlotte because I was mistaken for a bank robber, and almost shot by a scared rookie cop in Durham because he thought I was pulling a stolen trailer. think I honestly thought I was going to be shot during the last incident.

My brother was harassed by cops as a youth.  I recall him getting pulled and having the car searched after leaving a church picnic. And there was much more.

People who are fixated on race should deal with their racial hang-ups in private.  Just sayin.

But yet never once were you guys shot. Lots of black folk in the same circumstances were not so lucky. Just sayin.

You are Trumpy.  Full of bluster, inscendiary rhetoric, and not shooting straight with your narratives.

Oh wow! Aren't you a mean one. Just sayin!

Woolly Bugger

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

>>>A photographer named Saul Loeb captured an image of a man carrying a large Confederate battle flag during the pro-Trump riot inside the US Capitol on Wednesday.

>>>Though the Confederate battle flag originated during the US Civil War, it never entered the Capitol during that time.

>>>Behind the man in the photo, two portraits reflect the fractured nation of the country during the 1860s.

>>>To the man's right is a portrait of Charles Sumner, an abolitionist. To his left is a portrait of John C. Calhoun, a defender of slavery.

https://www.businessinsider.com/photo-trump-supporter-riot-confederate-flag-us-capitol-2021-1
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

This man broke into the capitol with zip-ties to take hostages and wearing a handgun. He was part of the Trump-incited mob of "patriotic" protestors. This is insurrection, domestic terrorism, and sedition. This is NOT "protecting democracy."

troutrus

This girl apparently made some bad choices and fell in with conspiracy theorist groups. A damn shame.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ashli-babbit-husband-pays-tribute-141649583.html

Woolly Bugger

I read that the other fatalities succumbed from being trampled in the mob.   
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

troutrus

Cops seem rather weak. Appears to be some evidence of comaraderie between cops and bad guys, e.g. cops taking selfies with goons and opening doors to let them in.

Dougfish

Just wait. Lots of unsavory activity will be outed. Military and police. The rot is deep.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Sedition and Pockets

Quote from: troutrus on January 07, 2021, 19:26:25 PMCops seem rather weak. Appears to be some evidence of comaraderie between cops and bad guys, e.g. cops taking selfies with goons and opening doors to let them in.

What happened required, at the bare minimum, premeditated collaboration on the part of elements within the command staff of the Capitol Police, and probably in the Pentagon as well.  This was absolutely a botched coup attempt.

Sedition and Pockets

The memes are fire tho.

Woolly Bugger

The Whole Story in a Single Photo
An image from the Capitol captures the distance between who we purport to be and who we have actually been.

>>>On Wednesday afternoon, as insurrectionists assaulted the Capitol, a man wearing a brown vest over a black sweatshirt walked through the halls of Congress with the Confederate battle flag hanging over his shoulder. One widely circulated photo captured him mid-stride, part of the flag almost glowing with the light coming from the hallway to his left. Just above and behind him is a photograph of Charles Sumner, the ardent abolitionist senator from Massachusetts.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/01/confederates-in-the-capitol/617594/
me -There's a season?

troutrus

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 07, 2021, 22:15:47 PMFor Donald

Brings back ol' memories. 1967- didn't have a pot to piss in but working my way through college on a temporary minimum wage job. Try that in 2021 and see how far you make it. No wife, no kids, no house payments, no car, or for that matter didn't even have a driver license, no cell phones. Didn't know shit from shinola, but as a student thought I had all the answers.
When it was suggested to make America great again, I was thinking we were headed back to those kind of times, which indicates I'm just a dreamer and apparently still don't know shit from shinola.

Woolly Bugger

FBI has put out wanted posters...

You cannot view this attachment.
me -There's a season?

Onslow

Quote from: Sedition and Pockets on January 08, 2021, 07:35:37 AMThis was absolutely a botched coup attempt.

I tend to think of as a Trump reality show w/cast pulled from an insane asylum.