News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Evening on the Neuse

Started by high8va, September 28, 2014, 18:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

high8va

I'll apologize for the lack of pics but I wanted to share anyways.  I was sitting bored in my apartment and decided to grab my rod and hit the water.  I'm pretty close to a couple of canoe launches but I've never been to check out the areas.  I'm limited to shore fishing or a little wet wading so my options are somewhat limited when it comes to access to lots of water, especially since I'm a little baby and I don't like wading in water where I can't see the bottom  :embarassed:.  But anyways, I was able to land a few little panfish and some little thing I don't know what it was on a Royal Wulff.  After I decided I'd been bitten enough times by mosquitoes, and it was getting dark..., I scoped out the area quickly to find a decent starting point for maybe tomorrow after work.   :) 

Tight Lines Everyone!

Transylwader

Tight lines?  p;-
Get you a 8wt and chase them fucking gars mayne.
C'mon bray. This is weaksauce! Wading that river is safer than travelling to Africa. There isn't any Ebola in there (yet) Just nasty big gartrude of Jesus /'/

ptfranze

Quote from: Transylwader on September 29, 2014, 08:37:32 AM
Tight lines?  p;-
C'mon bray. This is weaksauce! Wading that river is safer than travelling to Africa. There isn't any Ebola in there (yet) Just nasty big gartrude of Jesus /'/

Isn't the neuse where you posted a picture of a gator sunbathing on a log?

Transylwader

Quote from: ptfranze on September 29, 2014, 13:30:52 PM
Tight lines?  p;-

Isn't the neuse where you posted a picture of a gator sunbathing on a log?
Yeah, but it was a pune. When they get over 10ft, then it's an issue. We folk in Raleigh are above Milburnie Dam wall in Knightdale, so zero chance of a Zambezi (Bull shark)taking you out.There is talk of the state getting rid of Milburnie (I hope it happens soon). I'd love to blast a striper from that parking lot hole just below the dam wall on Falls Lake. That'd be sick! 8)

high8va

Tight lines?  p;-

I did see one of those gar the other day walking over the bridge to Mingo Creek.  And if I understand you correctly I should be throwing some big streamers into that area below the dam.