News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

2015 Warm Water

Started by Big J, January 01, 2015, 18:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheYiman

Thank y'all much!   V:;

I've been slowly working on this run over the last 3 seasons.  Getting to know it better every year. 

I am getting my gear ready for the Musky shindig.  Anybody on here fishing it?

JMiller

Quote from: TheYiman on April 23, 2015, 20:58:27 PM
Thank y'all much!   V:;

I've been slowly working on this run over the last 3 seasons.  Getting to know it better every year. 

I am getting my gear ready for the Musky shindig.  Anybody on here fishing it?

I'll be down there fishing Thursday before the whole place gets flogged to hell, weather permitting.
Got an open seat in the crawdad if anyone's interested.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski

themidge

Nothing here to brag about one bit, but wanted to share a quick video I made using my GoPro skillz. Please tear me apart.

JMiller

No fly fishing here. My oldest boy Rex (3) got a new Spiderman pole and was more than ready to get out on the lake to catch a fish. Any fish.

Fish on. Look at that focus, intensity.

First bass!

Ok, that was cool, but seriously those spines are sharp, get this thing off my line.

I don't know anything about parenting, but some days I think I do ok.

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski

Dougfish

Big J

Nice work Jmiller.

Hit the pond on my lunch break, popper action was hot with the bass. First bass of the year.

Jfey

I had 20 mins to kill on Sunday so I stopped at the nearest pond.  This is a good reminder why I keep and old flyrod and a few flies in he car

Yup, going fishing

bmadd

JFey, that first fish looks to have a rather small mouth. Photo or was it as unusual as it looks?

benben reincarnated

Quote from: bmadd on May 04, 2015, 15:29:25 PM
JFey, that first fish looks to have a rather small mouth. Photo or was it as unusual as it looks?

overbrook

Its those enormous mitts....they make everything look odd.

Dougfish

Quote from: overbrook on May 04, 2015, 19:22:55 PM
Its those enormous mitts....they make everything look odd.

^This.^ Make a ten pounder look like a bluegill. It's a gift. 

Jfey

I noticed that also.  Likely has to do with the cesspool of a pond I was fishing that day.   I have very limited options for a quick fishing fix.   
Yup, going fishing

driver

Was supposed to go to Weldon Friday and Saturday, but had to work last minute. Which worked out well due to rain all day Friday. Decided to head up Sunday and stay through Monday. Due to a hangover me and the blue ninja got a late start on Sunday which was fine cause the fish were not biting Sunday, total 5 fish. Today started off the same 1 fish before 11am. I made a tactic change and it was game on! I suspect we caught 40 in 2 hours. Unfortunately the whole armada on the river took note in what I was doing and proceeded to rape my spot. But we showed them how it was done, loved the head shaking of others every time we hooked up. The catching slowed down a bit once the shocking boat zapped up all the fish and scattered them. But we still caught more. They did shock up a 50lber

First fish of the trip

Blue Ninja strikes again!

One of many doubles

Probably the best fish of the trip

Mike, was that you on that bass boat with two other bait soakers on Sunday?

Transylwader

Yep. Wearing my black tarpune t-shirt. Got to be the oddball flyfish geek. They got a 27" on a fucking bass minner. I worked that 350 good. No bueno. Fuck em. I return on Sunday. Gon smack dat stripper azz breh!

ptfranze

Hit the striper run for the first time with Jason Sunday afternoon and then on Monday.  Sunday we got on the water about 4 after taking our time leaving, but not a lot was caught.  I managed one in the first 20 minutes then nothing by the time we got off the water at 9.  Jason managed 4, was a pretty slow day.  Hit the water early Monday to another slow start 1 fish before 11.  Rode all around the river looking and couldn't find the fish.  Finally found them around 11 and it was on, for Jason.  Jason caught 10 before I caught  my first, we realized I was going too deep as I was snagging the bottom while he was catching fish.  Made the adjustment and it was on.  We got in 3 drifts before everyone on the river moved in on top of us, but we still managed fish along with dirty looked from those not catching.  Ended up with a few doubles and a good number of fish.  Had a great time and we ended the day with a double. 

First fish of Sunday

Jason pulling them in

Bad pic of the moon coming up on the river (sorry all cell phone pics)

Early start to Monday

Came to an empty lot, but surprised by the number on the water later in the day

Pretty day

Slow start to the morning

Only fish between 6 and 11

Finally found the fish, jason tying to keep it hidden

Broke out my new blue ninja suit, but it paid off didn't get sunburnt- impressive for a ginger

The spot taken over by everyone

Double

Nice Bend in the rod

The Double up that we ended on