News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

2015 Warm Water

Started by Big J, January 01, 2015, 18:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flatlander

Damn, JT.  Did you come down off that mountain into our neck of the woods?

bmadd

With the threat of a thunderstorm this afternoon, I decided to just hit the family pond. Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

This cat was the most aggressive I've seen. It created a wake as it chased the streamer down. Surprisingly, after the vicious take it was pretty lazy once hooked.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Had someone waiting in the boat.

Small bass here and there to keep me fighting the wind.

benben reincarnated

Bmadd, catfish on a fly rod are fun.  I've caught them on white wooly buggers in my parent's lake.  I tend to not target them though and just go after the bass and bluegill. 

Stone-Man

Flat,

Yeah. Several of us come down to Badin each year and rent a house for 5 days when we hope the bream will be on the bed. The gills were not on the bed , but they all were up shallow thinking about it. And we got lucky because some crappie were still shallow.
I actually caught 6-8 largemouth also,but they were all dinks. I usually catch a few quality bass  by mistake,but it just did not happen.
All of my fish were caught on a Bully Bluegill Bug.

I thought that BenBen would like the Yuppie Prick Beer since he is from Asheville.   Mebbe ' JFey will like it since he has gone Yupp on us  :o

JT

bmadd

Ben - my dad's pond is being overtaken by the catfish. Usually you'll have at least one following you around the bank as you fish waiting for food. They are like sharks. I've caught some in the past with a scud pattern I use for bluegill and they are a lot of fun on a 3 or 4 wt. This one yesterday though was a little lazy. Take was amazing and then he only had one good run after I set the hook and one half assed run after I got him right up to the bank. Maybe the 8 wt was too much for him.

JMiller

Nice.

Catfish are funny like that.
You know hooking into a bass or a carp what you're going to get, it's pretty consistent.  A catfish? One may be a fighter and the next one not. 
One might hit a fly, the next one only eats chicken livers.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski

Transylwader

You jammy bastard!
BRAYden, hook us up an invite. Gars are not active yet. It doesn't help that we got flooded last night either b';

benben reincarnated

Quote from: bmadd on April 20, 2015, 08:41:37 AM
Ben - my dad's pond is being overtaken by the catfish. Usually you'll have at least one following you around the bank as you fish waiting for food. They are like sharks. I've caught some in the past with a scud pattern I use for bluegill and they are a lot of fun on a 3 or 4 wt. This one yesterday though was a little lazy. Take was amazing and then he only had one good run after I set the hook and one half assed run after I got him right up to the bank. Maybe the 8 wt was too much for him.

My dad keeps a few catfish he catches so it keeps the population down.  At one time though they were like that in his lake too. 

I've caught them on a 5 wt and even that was fun. 

Jfey

QuoteMebbe ' JFey will like it since he has gone Yupp on us

Ha!   I like the "beer" that comes out of E Tenn better than anything you can find in a store.   
Yup, going fishing

DRIFTS

Quote from: troutfanatic on April 20, 2015, 21:47:28 PM
Spring is here. The turkeys are getting laid and so are the bass. This coulda been a double header...

somewhere out there is a turkey.

But I damn sure didn't shoot it.

Nevertheless Al was generous enough to get me and a few of my coworkers on a vet's hunt this weekend.

My buddy Joe (in the middle, the other dude is Joe too) shot a young Jake. We didn't bust his balls much. It was his first bird and we didn't shoot shit.

In the end, I didn't care that I didn't shoot a bird. These people that host these events are awesome and it's a great small community. That was proven when one of the locals took a few of us to fish some local farm ponds.

Bream were grabbing the girdle bugs like it was crack.

Started throwing da clowsah in hopes of bigger stuff but pune bubbas were guarding the beds.

decided to switch back to the four weight and get some more pan-sized pan fish.

I guess bubba wanted some girdle action too.

No monsters, the best were probably 2 pounds but it seemed like I was in triple digits within 3 hours. Every cast was another fish.

I wonder if this guy will rent me this place?

bad acorns?

salute!

thanks Al.
Striper time bitches
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Big J

Good work on the stripers Dave. Many stripers move in this weekend or is it still pretty sparse? Should really be in this week.

DRIFTS

Hey J...they be in there pretty thick...smaller males right now,but larger females on there way now /'/
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Stone-Man

Brian,
Nice trip stuff.  'c;
Good bluegill for sure.  Smoke them with the turkey. Just put the gills on about 2 hours after you start the bird

JT

Transylwader

Traatfanatic, those LMBs look like ethiopian walleye. Ugly as fuck. You need to come by the ranch. They are up in heah.
Ole DG got the right idear. Strippers. Well played Drifts.
You ever fish NC for 'em?

Transylwader

Quote from: troutfanatic on April 21, 2015, 11:27:31 AM
and I don't want to step in horseshit.
I'm not talking about fishing teh pond. I be talking about them thunderous churches churkens. They are thick in Loserburg.
Fuck bass. That carp in Cary gon git it. -+;
Or you could drive up and we could smack those huge redhorses up side the head with scuds on that river by the mill (which I now have permission to feesh)