News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Steelehead Alaska

Started by twinbridges, May 03, 2010, 12:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinbridges

Just back from the trip and will try to post a complete report later.  First, this is incredible country and the trip we left Petersburg after fishing Petersburg creek one day and went up to Houghton about a three hour cruise, fished there the next day, then a couple hours north to Wyndam Bay to the Chuck River, then over to Kake Creek for a couple of days and then to Salmon River before reaching our destination of Wrangell.

Fishing was ok but the rivers are low just as they are in Montana due to lack of snowfall.  Steelehead were caught but one had too work for them and we hiked for miles and miles. 

Food incredible as always with fresh dungeness crabs, white spot shrimp, fresh halibut etc.

Scenery off the chart.

twinbridges

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

kylemc

troutphisher

Excellent stuff!.......... 0--0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

flynhokies

"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration."
-Claude Monet

jwgnc

Great looking area - not the ttpe I've ssen in Alaska pics (never been there myself).  Looking forward to the next chapter.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.