News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Our Wyoming Adventure

Started by Sleepytrout, October 14, 2007, 18:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleepytrout

After seeing Lauri's post about her Wyoming trip, I figured that I should get some of our pics up as well as a small report too.

First, if you've never been out there it's worth the experience. Some of the prettiest country I've ever seen (not to top Alaska though:)).

When we arrived it was spitting rain which turned to a downpour overnight and snow the following day. Got out and took LOADS of pics on Sunday due to the high winds that were tearing up through the valley.

Floated the Snake down below where the Hoback River feeds in on Monday. Cold, cold, cold. Wind was very gusty...to the point it was difficult to turn over a fly with even a 6wt. By the end of the day my arm was exhausted. Fly-Girl hooked up with this big cutty (22 inches) on her 5th cast and decided that thereafter she wouldn't fight the wind and left the pressure on me to hook something bigger.

FG with our guide.

We brought in about 10 for the day....all ferocious fighters. I suspect we would have done better if the weather hadn't been so rough, but hey, we were floating and fishing the Snake, so we weren't complaining.

If fishing is religion, then flyfishing is high church.-- Tom Brokaw

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Sleepytrout

I know. Something fubar is up on my end. Trying to figure it out.

Sleepytrout

All right! Now I've figured out why the pics wouldn't post.

Anyway, the second day we rode up to Yellowstone to fish the Firehole and Madison. That has been all I've heard from Fly-Girl since last year...ya know...gotta fish the Firehole. Caught this scene at Antelope Flats on the way toward the park. It just don't get any better.

Wind continued that day, but we managed some fish. Spent more time just admiring the beautiful views and wondering why the first non-Native explorer (name?) said it was useless land. Whatever!!!

Woolly Bugger

very cool cuts....

I was just noticing the orange on the lower jaw of the fish, we spotted a couple of bows in the Jackson that had similar coloring...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Sleepytrout

The views were amazing on our float Wed. It felt like you could just reach out and touch the top of the mtn.

Sleepytrout

trouthemp

were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl....year after year........

jscagline

Excellent stuff!

I can't wait 'til next summer.......I'll be there!

Thanks for sharing! 0--0
The truth hurts but not as much as a gas guzzling, eco wrecking SUV hitting you at 100 MPH!  Yeah baby, yeah!

gonefishin

David

Nice photo's. I like the smile on FG with her cuttbow

Maybe I can get back out there next year

brownhunter

Man, those are some beautiful shots. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

Gofisher

Nice report. Sounds like ya'll had a blast.
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

flatlander

Beautiful stuff.  That shot of the barn and the Tetons (I assume) in the background is fantastic.  Looks like a great trip.

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Damselfly

Beautiful shots! I especially like the moose......and the barn.........and the SR Cutt.....