News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Refugium #9

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, July 12, 2015, 18:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

With that glowing blaze of retirement clearly visible at the end of that tunnel we call career, job, occupation, or whatever, I've been searching for Allegheny Highland refugia that may serve me when the retreat of not working calls for such.  I am not so foolish to think that the Mrs., family, even friends, will not eventually wear on me, forcing me to find spaces to hide.  After an hour here, a couple hours there of exploration, I've been lucky to find isolation in places within walking/bike riding distance.  I am a happy camper.

Today I found brookies in a stream I had not visited in 40+ years.  The last time I was in this watershed was with my dad on a deer hunt; I was in my early teens.  The tiny rivulet surprised me; it had healed attractively since the timber cut that had brought us there for that long ago deer hunt.   The fish --- nothing big, but I will damned sure have it to myself.  The decapitated female common whitetail (Plathemis) dragonfly surprised me.  I had to bring it home; I found it so far from its standing water type habitat that it made me think there might be beaver farther upstream.  Beaver ponds give me a woody!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

RiverbumCO

Those pants aren't very conducive to woodies.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Dee-Vo

Thoroughly enjoyed the report. Thanks.  y;

Beaver without the pond gives me a woody.

Al

Glad to see you still know how to fish Muddy - Good photos and good report.

Da Heisenberg

and on a humpy... good show.

Dougfish

Piss trickle theater.  'c;

benben reincarnated

Excellent Stephen.   Visiting places from long ago is always a great experience.  I often think about places I visited with my grandfather when I was hunting as a child.

Big J

Definitely not the size brookies you told me you use to catch out of there.  Good to see they are still there though.  I have a few streams close to the inlaws house that are like that.  Little brookies, but I'm glad the streams are there. 

Aka

Quote from: RiverbumCO on July 12, 2015, 18:19:33 PM
Those pants aren't very conducive to woodies.

Worst pant choice for a trip to the strip club.

Jfey

Everyone needs a refugia.
Yup, going fishing

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Today I found refugium #10.  I trickle of a spring where stockers have found a summer-time sanctuary. 

Attention plant geeks:  could you ID this veg for me?  Thanks.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

creekfreak

Bath Co. ?? Always loved those little runs and the dinks
Guinness! Good God!

Yallerhammer

Plant looks like some species of Cassia, probably wild senna. Can't tell its size from the pic, but the leaves look too big for partridge pea.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Fin

QuoteYour pics suk.

Doug's a meanie...looks like Yaller nailed it on the ID.