Wedding Gift Registry, Rain, Thunder, and Brookies

Started by Big J, March 25, 2012, 13:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Saturday I had to go down to Roanoke and do pre martial counseling and a gift registry with my fiancee. My plan was 10 to 10:45 Counseling, 11 to 1 gift registry, 1 to 2 lunch with finance and her family, and 3 to 7 fishing with tomato can.  What really happened was 10 to 10:45 counseling, 11 to 3 gift registry, 3 to 4 "Linner" with her family, and 5 to 5:45 fishing.  I had a throbbing headache, and was just about to starve to death during the gift registry.  I was out of Roanoke like a bat out of hell as soon as I could.  Unfortunately the thunder and rain made my trip very very short  b';

Still managed to catch 4 in the short 30 to 45 minutes I fished, so can't complain about that.  Saw tons of march browns with some being as big as size 10 and 12. Water was still too high from the rain though to use dry flies.  I'm so ready to catch them on dries!  Here are a few brookies for your time reading.  -0-

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Holmes

Congrats! Hopefully she lets you fish enough after the knot is tied. Hopin' the best for you and nice TR... 'c;

Quote from: Big J on March 25, 2012, 13:06:17 PM
Saturday I had to go down to Roanoke and do pre martial counseling and a gift registry with my fiancee. My plan was 10 to 10:45 Counseling, 11 to 1 gift registry, 1 to 2 lunch with finance and her family, and 3 to 7 fishing with tomato can.  What really happened was 10 to 10:45 counseling, 11 to 3 gift registry, 3 to 4 "Linner" with her family, and 5 to 5:45 fishing.  I had a throbbing headache, and was just about to starve to death during the gift registry.  I was out of Roanoke like a bat out of hell as soon as I could.  Unfortunately the thunder and rain made my trip very very short  b';

Still managed to catch 4 in the short 30 to 45 minutes I fished, so can't complain about that.  Saw tons of march browns with some being as big as size 10 and 12. Here are a few brookies for your time reading.  -0-

benben reincarnated

Nice brookies.  Nothing like a quick trip panning out well. 

Big J

Quote from: Petey on March 25, 2012, 13:07:47 PM
Congrats! Hopefully she lets you fish enough after the knot is tied. Hopin' the best for you and nice TR... 'c;

I think I got that cleared with her.  Key word is "think" though.  She doesn't mind me fishing now, and she's pretty independent and isn't the clingy type.  Hoping that'll carry into when we get married.  Fingers are crossed, I know they change once they are married.  :-\

Holmes

That's one thing i'm terrified of. Good luck to you man. Hope she is reasonable and dosen't pull the ol' bait and switch... ;D

Quote from: Big J on March 25, 2012, 13:17:11 PM
Quote from: Petey on March 25, 2012, 13:07:47 PM

I think I got that cleared with her.  Key word is "think" though.  She doesn't mind me fishing now, and she's pretty independent and isn't the clingy type.  Hoping that'll carry into when we get married.  Fingers are crossed, I know they change once they are married.  :-\

lostnwilderness

AWESOME!  Great TR and nice pics!  I am lucky, my wife has always given me a free pass whenever I want to get out in the woods.  Free piece of advice, at my wedding our minister said, "Let there be space in your togetherness".  Don't forget it.
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

Big J

Quote from: lostnwilderness on March 25, 2012, 16:52:24 PM
Free piece of advice, at my wedding our minister said, "Let there be space in your togetherness".  Don't forget it.

I like I like.  I'll have to keep that one in mind!

Dougfish

Congrats and Cheers from Roanoke! I wish you both much happiness. I hope you chose wisely, Grasshopper. It took me 'til wife number three to get it right! She'll even fish with me from time to time.  ;D

OldDominionAngler

They're all nice fish, but that last one might be a perfect specimen.  Very nice.   'c;

robspe7370

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on March 25, 2012, 19:11:41 PM
They're all nice fish, but that last one might be a perfect specimen.  Very nice.   'c;

Thinking the same thing myself.
I ain't here for a long time. I'm here for a good time.

Big J

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on March 25, 2012, 19:11:41 PM

Yeaha, that brookie was thick and all colored up.  Was really impressed.

tomato can

Man oh man those are a lot nicer than the usual ones I usually catch out of that crick.  I reckon the Pink Weenie conquers all.

Big J

Quote from: tomato can on March 25, 2012, 20:53:08 PM
Man oh man those are a lot nicer than the usual ones I usually catch out of that crick.  I reckon the Pink Weenie conquers all.

Hey, I'm sending you a pm.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Kudos on the fish and congratulations on the approaching nuptial.  Marriage is a wonderful ritual, the definitive exercise in compromise training.  I highly recommend it. 

I hope at least one of your fishing friends dodges the entire gift registry tradition, and gives you an angling/outdoor gift that you can use.  From what I have observed, the bride seems to triumph in the gift department; the groom is left with very few "useful" prizes.  If I have a fishing pal that is taking the leap I always give the guy an "outdoor" reward.  It always pleases the friend, but not always his new bride.  I consider it a gesture of friendship, and also a test to see where the new gal will fit into future outdoor activities.  I've had some brides appreciate the reward for her new mate, and others that detested the fact that I would not follow wedding protocol with the registry deal.  It exposes the tone for upcoming interactions.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on March 26, 2012, 06:03:47 AM
Kudos on the fish and congratulations on the approaching nuptial.  Marriage is a wonderful ritual, the definitive exercise in compromise training.  I highly recommend it. 

I hope at least one of your fishing friends dodges the entire gift registry tradition, and gives you an angling/outdoor gift that you can use.  From what I have observed, the bride seems to triumph in the gift department; the groom is left with very few "useful" prizes.  If I have a fishing pal that is taking the leap I always give the guy an "outdoor" reward.  It always pleases the friend, but not always his new bride.  I consider it a gesture of friendship, and also a test to see where the new gal will fit into future outdoor activities.  I've had some brides appreciate the reward for her new mate, and others that detested the fact that I would not follow wedding protocol with the registry deal.  It exposes the tone for upcoming interactions.

Right on.  I jokingly asked my fiancee if we could start a registry at the local fly shop, I immediately got the death stare.