New TG-1 advice

Started by Dougfish, May 07, 2013, 15:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

Remember how I was ragging on my Pentax? Whine no more. It parted ways with me two weekends ago on a three streams in one day cluster.
I think I left in in the back of the truck at stream three and somebody got a five finger discount.  b';
After seeing benben, Woolly and Trany's pics, I was set on the Olympus TG-1. Since they intro'd the TG-2, prices have dropped and I pulled the trigger.
Arrived today. I definitely have a lot more options in setting up shooting modes.  :o
Any of you users want to share your modes, tips, etc? In the clear here or PM, either way would be most appreciated.

Hey J, need a spare Pentax battery, charger? I know you covet my car charger. Flies for trade?

benben reincarnated

I pretty much only shoot in iAuto 99.9% of the time.  Sometimes I take pictures in the other preset modes just for fun, but either way I never adjust the exposure, white balance, etc...

Transylwader

^this, also, ask bossman Woolly

Woolly Bugger

it's a pain to set up.. but here is what I use...

Custom Set-up (you'll have to read the book in order to set these properly so they "stick")

I use this setting for most of my fish pics and general photos too
C2 - flash off, macro, ev - 0.7, WB auto, ISO 100

This is the setting I use for bug pics...
C1 - flash off, super macro, ev -0.3, WB auto, ISO 400

for everything else
P - flash off, macro off, ev -0.3, WB auto, ISO 200

Auto if fash is needed / low light ....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it! Played with it between rains yesterday. Flower/landscape pics in different modes. Wowsers. I'm gonna love this camera.

Transylwader

Quote from: Dougfish on May 08, 2013, 09:32:26 AM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it! Played with it between rains yesterday. Flower/landscape pics in different modes. Wowsers. I'm gonna love this camera.
Since you're close to the Jackson, I expect to see pix of the "bikini hatch" this summer. Trees, brookies and bluelines all sukk >:(