News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

When's enough enough?

Started by jamisjockey, October 19, 2006, 19:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamisjockey

....I just organized my fly boxes in preparation for a trip to the Green river....holy schikey I didn't realize how many flies I have.

I know what most of them are, but there are some I'm not sure of
;D

I still have to go buy for my trip this weekend:
Glo Bugs (Eggs)
Chernobyl ants
Cinamon buggers
Probably need some new spinning gear....a few rapalas and marboro jigs....

Here's some typical Green River fish from the B and A sections

-JD

I hated hipsters before it was mainstream

lepomis_mcro

its never enough..here are a couple of the flies i got ;) and i still need more

(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

tw5270

Shute fellas....I know what ya mean.... :P

and I still don't fish enough... :-[ That's just the last shipment from Grandpa... ;D He's been tying me fly's for almost 25 years.

wadefishr8

Everything's "Dress right, dress" "Sir"

Woolly Bugger

:o Damnation I've got a lot of tying to do to catch up to ya'll

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

tw5270

Quote from: wadefishr8 on October 19, 2006, 20:24:44 PM
Everything's "Dress right, dress" "Sir"

If that was for me...DOn't call me "Sir" I worked for a living when I was in the Army... ;)

WB, I don't tie, I just buy (or Grandpa hooks me up ;D)

jamisjockey

Holy crap I got alot of catching up to do!
-JD

Trout Maharishi

I carry all the flies I need in an Altoid tin, the rest I find in the rhodo bushes as I fish :-*
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

lepomis_mcro

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on October 20, 2006, 10:02:36 AM
I carry all the flies I need in an Altoid tin, the rest I find in the rhodo bushes as I fish :-*

thats because you are a wise beyond all others :)
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

jamisjockey

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on October 20, 2006, 10:02:36 AM

Last year I was on the Green, water was high, fish were hitting a hatch and we weren't catching crap.  Buddy hooked one fish, and it had a fly in its mouth.  We went to the flyshop and said "give us a dozen of these" and consequently caught fish after fish after fish....
-JD

Trout Maharishi

I want my fly back, only reason he broke me off was cause I had a bad spool of 10X.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

jamisjockey

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on October 20, 2006, 20:54:56 PM
I want my fly back, only reason he broke me off was cause I had a bad spool of 10X.

Come'n get it, hippy!
-JD

ditchmonkey

i didnt know they sold guns to midgets ???
Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got nekkid chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.

outdoorguy3

Quote from: lepomis_mcro on October 19, 2006, 19:22:58 PM

Show Off!

Ralph   0--0
Life's about havin' FUN!!!

plumbob

Quote from: lepomis_mcro on October 19, 2006, 19:22:58 PM

Whatcha wear? A fishing vest or back pack on the stream. ;D