OBL death photo?

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 04, 2011, 09:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Release it or not

Yes! Show it!
11 (39.3%)
No, no need for it to be released.
14 (50%)
One time at band camp, I saw some photos.
3 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Woolly Bugger

Do we need to see proof that OBL is dead?
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

flatlander

No...no need to poke a stick at a hornet's nest

Silver Creek

I would not release the photo. My reason is that it will further inflame the terrorists as if they needed something more to make them more crazy.

Secondly, we gained a lot of documents and computer files. If some terrorists believe bin Laden is alive and their mission is still secret, we have a greater chance of taking them out.

It will become obvious when there are no more current videos of bin Laden. But it will take time for the reality to sink in.

This uncertainty helps us and creates confusion in al Qaeda's ranks. Some will refuse to change their allegiance from bin Laden to another leader if they think bin Laden is still alive.

There will now be a struggle for control of al Qaeda by bin Laden's lieutenants. The longer it takes for them to consolidate under a new leader, the better for us. Keep them believing that he is alive. It helps us.
Regards,

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

22midge

Silver Creek I believe these people are far more in touch with whats going on and what has happened. They did stay one step ahead for 9years 7months and 20 days. Someone needs to bring the balls back into the USA and stop trying to negotiate fear from our enemies.Put his photo on every fire engine and police cruiser in NY ....let them know this is what will happen.
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

flatlander

Who exactly would we be trying to convince by releasing the photos?  The tin foil hat crowd here at home??  Who cares?  They'll never believe it anyway.

Muslims?  Looks like they believe already from what I've seen.  Didn't bin Laden produce a video to be played in the event of his death?  That might might go a long way in convincing them if/when it's released.

I think the government is toying with releasing the photos soley to appease the media...that's about it.  They're already monday-morning-quarterbacking the whole thing to death already.  The press will spend the next week or so badgering the administration about the pictures, then when  it releases them, they'll spend the following week bashing them for doing it. b';

Al

Yes - and it would have been more appropriate to have a video of his body as it disappears into a wood chipper. The funnel of the chipper should have pointing to a pig pen where the pigs anxiously wait for some fresh chow. This would send the non-pork eating  folks an unmistakable message.

Less you forget we were "treated" to Osama inspired video of of his followers beheading Daniel Pearl and a contractor (sorry I forgot contractors name) - We also saw video of burned and decapitated bodies of Blackwater contractors who were hung from a bridge in Iraq - The video included dancing in the streets under the hanging bodies.

How's that for stirring up a hornets nest?  Does anyone think they will hate us less for giving him a Muslim service and burying him at sea?

Just heard on news Mr O has decided not to release the photos - Once again during the politically correct thing. The chatter now is that Osama was unarmed and the Seal Team may be in trouble for using excessive force.

Trout Maharishi

I don't know? :-\  Part of me wanted to drag his naked body down Pennsylvania Ave and hang him from a lamp post in front of the White House for everyone to see,  Then again, maybe trivializing his death and giving it as little attention as possible is best.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

5xTippett

I don't think releasing the picture could makes things any worse. They already hate us anyway.  I wish we had wrapped him in a pig skin before we dropped him overboard.  It would save the price of a woodchipper, Al. -0-

Phil

What good would it do? The DNA and facial recognition tests are 100%. No need to release a gruesome picture.

Al

Quote from: Phil on May 04, 2011, 15:23:36 PM
What good would it do? The DNA and facial recognition tests are 100%. No need to release a gruesome picture.

It's called retribution Phil and the families of those killed on 9-11 and in our Global War on Terror might use it to find closure. (No need to respond with phyco-babble and political correctness about "We are better then that". If you have experienced a personal loss of someone close to you all that stuff goes out the window)

Phil

Al -- the Seal Team 6 already quietly carried out the "retribution," got out clean, killed Osama Bin Laden, and it is done. Kill mission accomplished.
No need to parade the dead guy's head around on a spear (or post pics of him with his head blown off). That's what the enemy does. Why should we?

I remember guys in Vietnam who carried around dried ears from Cong they had killed. Wrong.
It's the same fucking thing, IMHO.

Silver Creek

Obama decided NOT to release the photos. I agree with this decision.
Regards,

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Phil

troutphisher

Warning Graphic Images..........

Not OBL, but his three com-padres have looked, and I am  quite sure they have felt better.

Leave it to the Germans to post such images..........Prost! Lansman..... 'c;

http://www.reuters.com/subjects/bin-laden-compound
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Phil

Those are the bogus pics going around on the net, Dude.