News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Bachelor Weekend

Started by Big J, June 29, 2020, 09:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Wife and kids are on their annual trip without me down to Wilmington to visit their aunt.  This has turned into my Annual fishing weekend.  Had some projects to finish up around the house but had a friend text me wanting to fish Saturday.  Carved out some time for a half day on a brookie stream.  Fishing was hot until about 10 am, but then it shut down.  Pulled a few after that but all were dinks.  Called it quits by noon. 

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Picture here is deceiving but water levels were still way above average.  Most pools there was no way to run a dry fly effectively through the run.  All the fish were glued to the bottom.

My friend doesn't fish often and doesn't catch many, but when he does he always catches the fish of the day.  He was running 5x and lifted this fish out of the water from 6 feet way and just left it dangling in the air for what seemed like a life time.  I was in shock that the fish didn't come off.

Some rattlesnake orchid getting ready to open up.

Sunday Doug and I were planning on floating the Jackson.  Wanted a third and reached out to our new neighbor Natureboy and he was in.  Slow day of fishing.  Less than a dozen fish in the boat.  Pretty day to be on the river though.

And the only brown from the day.

Wife and kids come back Tuesday which mean my annual hurry up and clean the house from being lazy all weekend begins tonight.  Was fun while it lasted!

Dougfish

It was slow, but we had about 20 to hand. You are short changing yourself. I didn't take a single pic. Good company, nontheless.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Yallerhammer

Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

RiverbumCO

Floats are always good. Why you reckon the fish were turned off?
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Phil

Excellent brookies!! Thanks, J.  'c;

Big J

Quote from: RiverbumCO on June 29, 2020, 12:37:57 PMFloats are always good. Why you reckon the fish were turned off?

Because we suck.  It's the Jackson.  Doug's raft is cursed. Trout are pissed off at 2020.  We suck.

Take your pick.

Big J

Forgot to add this picture.  Broke in the new 1911 holster on the brookie stream.  d:b

Phil

Don't wade too deep and get that pretty holster (and 1911) wet there, Big J!  :o

Onslow

Quote from: Big J on June 29, 2020, 12:55:52 PM
Quote from: RiverbumCO on June 29, 2020, 12:37:57 PMFloats are always good. Why you reckon the fish were turned off?

Because we suck.  It's the Jackson.  Doug's raft is cursed. Trout are pissed off at 2020.  We suck.

Take your pick.

2020 has sucked a bag all around, but as Billy Mays would say, "but wait, there is more"!

itieuglyflies

Nothing wrong with that weekend. The brookie with the brookie holster as background.....nice touch.

Woolly Bugger

well played while the wife is away  :cheers
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

Quote from: Phil on June 29, 2020, 14:58:31 PMDon't wade too deep and get that pretty holster (and 1911) wet there, Big J!  :o

It's only a matter of time before I give it a baptism.  Wouldn't be the first or the last time I go swimming with a gun.   :laugh: Just strip it down, oil it up, and swap out the ammo.