News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Halloween weekend trek

Started by rbphoto, October 05, 2010, 08:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbphoto

Anyone up for a Halloween weekend trek in the mtns of SC?

Plan would be to meet up on Friday (I'll likely just take the day off) and stay as late as possible on Sunday.

Hiking is involved.

Backcountry.  Bring your camping gear.

It will be deer season, so no brown clothing.

It will be bear season, so no black clothing.

Wear blaze orange, red, white, yellow, lavender for all I care, but I'm not hauling your butt out of the backcountry if you go and get shot.

PM me if you're interested.

Fishing is decent.  I haven't been up there in years, so I have no idea what condition it's in.  I may try to do a scouting run up there this weekend.

Raymond
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

rbphoto

Both boys have bailed on me.

No real responses about this weekend.

Guess everybody wants to be in town and dress up like midgets for Halloween.

T minus 3 days . . .
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM

phg

If you'd fish the state parks, where hunting isn't allowed, you wouldn't have to worry about the fish seeing your blaze orange hat and vest.....

Be careful out there.  Weekends are particularly dangerous.

rbphoto

Quote from: phg on October 26, 2010, 11:48:23 AM
If you'd fish the state parks, where hunting isn't allowed, you wouldn't have to worry about the fish seeing your blaze orange hat and vest.....

Be careful out there.  Weekends are particularly dangerous.

Yeah, well, what fun are state parks?

Besides, I'll be wearing sky blue or white or something that blends with the trees - not black or brown or blaze.

Oh yeah, I shoot back.

;D

I picked up a couple of dozen flies today over lunch so it's now time to start packing.

phg

We have bigger state parks, here in NC, plus we have several large national parks that are also no hunting zones.  I avoid popular deer hunting areas this time of year.  After the first of the year, it's not so bad.  There's still some hunting going on, but visibility is better, and the hunters have less of a hair trigger. 

rbphoto

I don't mind the hunters. 

I am one, when I'm not fishing.

Or working  b';

I really just want to hit the mtns and visit someplace I haven't in years.  Scenery should be nice.  Fishing should be decent. 

Besides, it beats the hell out of doin' chores around the freakin' house this weekend.

rbphoto

Home again, home again . . .

jiggety-jig.

Seems some bear hunters shot a 250lb'er about 7-800 yds upstream of my campsite - I even heard the shots above the din of the water in which I was standing.

Brought the kiddo's Optio with me, but forgot to get the battery out of the charger.

I have a few from the real camera, but haven't yet processed them.

Y'all missed out on some good fishin', great scenery, and phenomenal bourbon!