Previous topic - Next topic

Do you get an annual flu shot

Yes
11 (78.6%)
No
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Woolly Bugger

I read recently that 50% of the US Population 6 months and older got a flu shot in 2018

Can this be accurate ?
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Grannyknot

i usually don't, but this year i got one.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I've had one flu shot in my 63 years – about 25 years ago and I was sicker that winter than ever before.  That bad winter was likely psychosomatic and had nothing to do with the flu shot, but with imperfect me, 1 event is a trend.

The question, "Do you get a flu shot?" is a common one.  And reminds me of my own phobias of doctors, shots, antibiotics, and most all other medications. 

"I might have made a tactical error not going to a physician in 20 years.  It was one of those phobias that really did not pay off."   Warren Zevon

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

jwgnc

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

troutboy_II

As a qualified "old fart" at 70, I can confirm I got my flu shot (the special old fart one - and yes, that's a real thing!) like I do every year.  Call me blinded with science (with apologies to Thomas Dolby), the facts just outweigh the risk of not getting one.  I respect your individual decisions, but I encourage you to take another look at the facts and reconsider if you think you don't need this vax.

And for what it is worth, I got mine a Publix Pharmacy for no charge and got a $10 coupon to use in the store!   -+; Go figure? 

And last, but certainly not least, the shot this year was barely felt with no residual soreness like I have had in the past.  TroutGirl reported the same, so not just me.  Just say'in...

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Onslow

I opt for flu shots on a need to basis, based on what is happening in late Summer, and what the experts predict. From my perspective, it won't be necessary to get one this year due to the percautions already being taken due to Covid. I read a piece a while back that mentioned cases of flu were only 10% of the norm @ the south side of the earth this past Winter.

Dougfish

I can't remember the last time I had the flu.
Or have gotten a flu shot.
25+ years.
My wife, the nurse, talked me into it this year. Pretty easily, too.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

hcrum87hc

I'm only 33, but I've never had the flu, and I didn't get the flu shot until about 5 years ago, and I've gotten it every year since except this year.  2 of those 5 times I got it, my body said F you, and I got brachial neuritis/Parsonage Turner Syndrome.  The second time happened last November, and I'm still going to physical therapy for it.  Safe to say I'll never get a flu shot again.
Jeremiah 17:7

jwgnc

I guess I've been lucky with the flu shots.  No reaction, and haven't had the flu since I started them. 

I have several reasons to stay out of places that have a lot of bald-faced visitors.  So I went to the drive-thru at our CVS in Mars Hill, picked up my heart medicine, and asked if ...

No problem
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.