News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Shit Ridge Fly Fishing Club, fall '11 world tour!

Started by Woolly Bugger, November 07, 2011, 11:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

We've by trying for years to get Kyle up to the ridge to visit Al on the river. Finally the star aligned and we were set for the weekend of November 4th. I thought it was going to be an epic trip, but at the last minute work came up and I had to cancel as I was supposed to be on call that weekend. Gordy and Kyle were going to have the camp to themselves. I told them to keep in touch, as there was still the possibility of me running up for at least a day. On Friday, my job got put on hold and I was free to after taking care of some commitments that evening. I hit the road by 10:30 Saturday, as early as I could go. I got a text from Kyle, it simply said, "Bring more Jager!".

I picked up Al on the way to the river and after getting him settled in around the campfire I went fishing. The old bastard told me to catch some fish for him, but Gordy and Kyle had sore lipped the fish in the run off of the 'pourch'. I did manage to catch a small rainbow before I headed up stream to some fresh water. Despite the low, 155 cfs flow, wading was tough, the rock snot was about as slippery as ever and I wished that I had my studded boots!
We all had a good time around the campfire, especially when the guest arrived! I volunteered to be the "DD" and we made a roadtrip to drop A l off at home and then hit THE bar in town.

Next morning it was cold as hell and we sat around the fire drinking coffee and eating steak for breakfast before I went fishing while Gordy and Kyle broke their camp.  I caught  a few before packing it in.

You could have all the money in the world, but it wouldn't come close to fishing and camping on the river with Shit Ridge Fly Fishing Club!
Good times.

See ya'll in the spring for another SRFFC adventure...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

blue ridge angler

You guys suck!!
Looks like a great git together.. 0:0

benben reincarnated

Looks like a helluva fun time.  Good eats, good drinks, and good fish.   -0-

The cold definitely shows in the pics. 

ncguy

Quote from: benben on November 07, 2011, 12:09:08 PM
Looks like a helluva fun time.  Good eats, good drinks, and good fish.   -0-

The cold definitely shows in the pics.
Good folks and good pics as well.

outdoorguy3

Good stuff Keith, thanks for sharing.  Al is looking good.....eh!

Ralph ;D
Life's about havin' FUN!!!

OldDominionAngler

excellent.  How much does a one-year membership cost??

Beetle

Good stuff guys.   

Did the Woowe hole produce???

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Beetle on November 07, 2011, 13:25:13 PM
Good stuff guys.   

Did the Woowe hole produce???

were your ears burning, beetle? we spoke of you while around the campfire, "You know where Beetle would be right now?" , "Checking into a hotel!" 
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

The Dude

I liked the photos; they told a good story without having to read any narrative.  But I liked the Rick Derringer even better.  Nice pull on that video.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Transylwader

kylemc

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 07, 2011, 11:30:54 AM

You could have all the money in the world, but it wouldn't come close to fishing and camping on the river with Shit Ridge Fly Fishing Club!
Good times.

AMEN!

franzenangler

To be honest I don't think I've ever seen someone around kyle who wasn't laughing, the dude's a riot.  Looks like a fun cold get together
"Whatch'all boys doing around here?"

"I AM THE TRANSYL WADER!"

"I don't give a shit who you are boy, I asked whatcha doin'"

"That's it boy, you're in a heap of trouble."

Gofisher

Quote from: kylemc on November 07, 2011, 19:40:46 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 07, 2011, 11:30:54 AM

Good times.

AMEN!

Ditto!
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

tomato can

troutphisher

Good trip gents!.

I remember frosted reels, and frozen beers.... -0-

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.