News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smallmouth flies???

Started by brownhunter, August 17, 2009, 17:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownhunter

I will be fishing for smallmouth in the next few weeks and was wondering what flies I should use or need? I have many poppers and streamers that I have used for largemouth and bream, but is there something in particular that I should have for smallmouth.
Also, I will be fishing from a kayak for the first time and would appreciate any help or pointers that some of you seasoned kayak fishers have.
Thanks for all your help,
BH
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

Woolly Bugger

Gartside Gurgler

used one yesterday  ;D

tie it on with a no slip mono loop or surgeon loop...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

5xTippett

Before TM sees this, I would like to chime in.  Since you have never fished out of a kayak before, can I have your stuff if you drown? :)

brownhunter

Quote from: 5xTippett on August 17, 2009, 21:13:34 PM
Before TM sees this, I would like to chime in.  Since you have never fished out of a kayak before, can I have your stuff if you drown? :)

Sure, why not  o-o but then again, nobody knows where I am going either  ;D I also won't be packing much, just a fly rod, a box of flies, and tippet and leaders. Don't see a need in packing all that stuff I do for trout fishing. Makes me wonder why I do pack so much when I go trout fishing??????

0--0
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

kylemc

Gurglers are money ;hb I fish wiggle minnows alot too.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Woolly Bugger

thems purdy Kyle, didja tie dem?
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

kylemc

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 18, 2009, 14:18:18 PM
thems purdy Kyle, didja tie dem?

nope, Maniac ties them for Guinness. Smallies will also hit suck ass clousers tied by 9 year old Sri Lankens too.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login