News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Terrible news

Started by AL trout bum, November 18, 2011, 22:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AL trout bum

Guys, I saw on the "other" forum that Patrick (patrickm1587) has passed away. I never knew him but we did talk on the forum. All I know is he was a young man (around my age) that battled cancer. He always seemed to have a positive attitude and loved to fish. Prayers go out to his family and friends. Cancer is a bitch, and this should remind us all to hold those close to us even closer and always remember each day could be our last. I'm wetting a line tomorrow in patrick's honor. Pour a sip gents............
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

blue ridge angler

I met him a few times, and he was a real nice guy..We had even talked recently about fishing together soon..Wish we could have had that chance..I will pour some sips, as well as wet a line in his honor..

Get Bent

I received word early this morning from one of his good friends... Although I only met him once, we talked from time to time on FB. It Sucks! I am not a religious person, so sips will be poured...
Konichiwa Bitches!

gamatt53

wow that is terrible condolences to his family. Didn't get to meet him but enjoyed his TR's...never knew he was dealing with that the whole time.

Really puts things in perspective...those moments of inner peace and stress relief I try to find on the water to balance out the shit life throws at me are truly trivial in comparison to what he was dealing with. Count your blessing fellas

Big J

Hate to hear that. Never met him either but I know he was young.  Prayers sent for family and friends.

benben reincarnated

That's horrible news to hear.  I will definitely be thinking about his family.  I know he definitely seemed positive in his posts and fished while he could despite all that was going on inside.  I can't imagine having to deal with that situation.

ncguy

Seemed like a great kid who stayed positive to the end. He had a strong faith which helped him do that. Prayers are going up for his family along with a sip poured.

bullship

Damn. Real sorry to hear that.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Stuart R.

Terrible thing to see someone go so young. We had talked on these boards a bit and he always seemed so positive. Always grinning ear to ear with a big ol' trout in his hands. He will be missed and prayers go out for his family.
STU
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

snagaluffaguss

God Speed Pat.

I got the news yesterday morning, like a ton of bricks

Talked to his dad this morning on the phone...I dont have the words.