News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Blackwater Canyon WV

Started by FlyFishinFool, August 17, 2008, 23:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyFishinFool

Maybe you crazy guys will have more info.  I know this is kind of a double post, since I posted somethings in the local streams section. 

Has anyone ever thought of floating this section of the Blackwater river?  It came up in a discussion of crazy trips I had with my fishing buddies.  I know the hike in is serious, and packing our 'toons down it would be hell, but floating a section of river that few have been on sounds like my glass of whiskey.  Really my only concern is too many portages, or river levels.  I have a friend who is a certified mountaineering guide who can help me with gear to portage down the bigger falls, and my friend who's coming with us is a whitewater guide who's done the ohiopyle rapids since he was 14.  Does anyone think it's possible to float through the canyon? 
If you haven't already been, you owe it to your 8wt to go fish for Brookies and Artic Char in Labrador Newfoundland.

FlyFishinFool

Okay, I found most of the info I was looking for through kayakers and the A.W.A. website, as well as back in the local stream section.  Thanks anyways!
If you haven't already been, you owe it to your 8wt to go fish for Brookies and Artic Char in Labrador Newfoundland.