Main Menu

Space the Final Frontier

Started by Woolly Bugger, December 19, 2021, 08:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

https://www.nasa.gov/webbfirstimages
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

Newest image from today :cheers Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

trout-r-us

With all that schtuff out thar, there is bound to be lifeforms with greater intelligence than what we have to show on this 3rd rock from the sun.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

A solar storm could be about to hit Earth, as material flows out of a hole in the Sun.

The G1 class storm could cause radio communication problems, disrupt satellites and disrupt the migrations of animals, according to the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Nonetheless, they are relatively minor – with much more dramatic effects possible during geomagnetic storms.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/earth-to-be-hit-by-solar-storm-after-hole-opens-in-the-sun/ar-AA10oGcm?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d75c3932a22f490a9d0f3da1b8cde793
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

trout-r-us

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 19, 2022, 08:16:06 AM

One of my two favorite science guys, the other being Dr. Sheldon Cooper. 🪐💫🌎
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Stunning detailed photos

We are going back to the moon!
me -There's a season?

troutboy_II

When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

trout-r-us

"Pillars of Creation"

https://www.npr.org/2022/10/20/1130188178/james-webb-telescope-photo-pillars-creation-stars

― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

NASA's Orion capsule heads for splashdown after Artemis I flight around moon

NASA's uncrewed Orion capsule hurtled through space on Sunday on the final return leg of its voyage around the moon and back, winding up the inaugural mission of the Artemis lunar program 50 years to the day after Apollo's final moon landing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/nasa-s-orion-capsule-heads-for-splashdown-after-artemis-i-flight-around-moon/ar-AA1596T5

You can watch the splashdown live

NASA
After 25 days in space, Orion is about to conclude its uncrewed test run to the Moon. The Artemis 1 mission will draw to a close when the NASA spacecraft splashes down in the Pacific Ocean close to Guadalupe Island, which is 130 nautical miles off the coast of Baja California. Orion is scheduled to hit the water at around 12:40PM ET. NASA's livestream will start at 11AM and continue after splashdown as a recovery team picks up the capsule. You'll be able to watch the stream below.

NASA chose the landing trajectory and splashdown site so as not to pose a threat to people, land or shipping lanes. Just before re-entry, Orion and the European Service Module will separate, with the latter burning up in Earth's atmosphere.

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

and even more moon / space news....

SpaceX launches Japanese lander, UAE rover to the moon

A tiny NASA moon probe that aims to hunt for lunar water ice went along for the ride as well.

A pioneering multinational moon mission is underway.

A private Japanese moon lander carrying a United Arab Emirates (UAE) rover, among other payloads, launched early Sunday morning (Dec. 11) from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida.

The Hakuto-R lander lifted off atop a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket at 2:38 a.m. EST (0738 GMT), kicking off the first mission for Tokyo-based company ispace. If all goes according to plan, Hakuto-R will make a soft lunar landing next spring — the first ever for a Japanese-built spacecraft.

https://www.space.com/spacex-launches-japanese-moon-lander-uae-rover
me -There's a season?