News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Space the Final Frontier

Started by Woolly Bugger, December 19, 2021, 08:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Launch date for the Webb Telescope!

Webb is targeted to launch at 7:20 a.m. EST Friday, Dec. 24, on an Arianespace Ariane 5 rocket from Europe's Spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana, on the northeastern coast of South America.

https://jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbLaunch/index.html
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

While Apollo placed the first steps on the Moon, Artemis opens the door for humanity to sustainably work and live on another world for the first time. Using the lunar surface as a proving ground for living on Mars, this next chapter in exploration will forever establish our presence in the stars. ✨ We are returning to the Moon – to stay – and this is how we are going! Actress Kelly Marie Tran of "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" lent her voice to this project.

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

trout-r-us

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

Young Earthers ain't gonna like it.

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Dee-Vo

Exploration for beneficial progress seems plausible. The situation also seems to be that we're throwing trash into space at an increasing speed/volume much like we have the earth, waters, and air of our own planet.

Thousands upon thousands of pieces of space junk have accumulated already, large and small. Will we leave it orbiting, let it burn up in the atmosphere, or develop a method of removing it? I'd venture to guess that any or all prospects will have a downside.

Not to mention the fact that with the increasingly large space landfill we're creating, also comes the risk of collision with satellites, rockets, and/or spacecraft put into space.

Will we learn?

Much talk about inhabiting other locations in the universe takes place.

I'll send my apologies to the moon and other planets that may suffice as a livable habitat in advance —-

I'm sorry, we're coming for you. We've already destroyed what we have, now, can we stay with you for a while?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dee-Vo on December 19, 2021, 09:29:57 AMThe situation also seems to be that we're throwing trash into space at an increasing speed/volume much like we have the earth, waters, and air of our own planet.

me -There's a season?

troutboy_II

Bravo on the Quark reference.   'c;

That was a new one to me and I had to look it up. Amazing it was on at 8:30 with that cast of characters back in the 70's.

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Composition of imagery from the ESA/NASA Solar Orbiter and SOHO spacecraft, which captured a giant solar eruption on 15 February 2022.

The Full Sun Imager (FSI) of the Extreme Ultraviolet Imager (EUI) on board Solar Orbiter spacecraft captured the images of the solar disc and out into space for about 3.5 million kilometres (centre image). SOHO LASCO C2 imagery is superposed, tracing the eruption even further.
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

The James Webb telescope is fully aligned. NASA shared the update in a new post on Thursday, April 28. The space-based telescope will help usher in a new age for space observation. The telescope reached its final destination earlier this year. Since then, NASA has slowly been preparing it for operations. NASA will use the telescope to give astronomers access to data and observations they can't get with Hubble and other older telescope systems.
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

First color images from NASA's James Webb Space Telescope to reveal brilliant nebula

NASA is preparing to show off what the James Webb Space Telescope is capable of when the space agency releases the first color images from the observatory before it begins scientific operations revealing the mysteries of the universe.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/10/first-color-images-from-nasas-james-webb-space-telescope-to-bereleased/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=pasteboard_app
me -There's a season?

trout-r-us

"We are stardust; we are golden". JM
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

OMG — Neil deGrasse Tyson comments on first Webb images! Far out!
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
me -There's a season?