Easter sunday on the H-Dub..

Started by blue ridge angler, April 25, 2011, 00:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue ridge angler

Today I decided to do a little more field testing on the same stretch that I hit in My last report with WNCP..I have been pretty far up this section before but have always wondered what was further up, and on the last trip me and Permit had decided that the next time we were going to go as far as possible..He couldn't make it today, but I stuck to the plan hoping good things would come from the long and arduous hike..The water was still flowing pretty high and off color from the rain two nights ago and this was to my advantage as the steadily growing foliage is quickly reaching choking status and, requires close proximity techniques that get pretty futile when the clarity is up..As I made my way upstream the creek displayed an awesome diversity in features and moods, and gave up nice fish out of most of the likely runs and pools..I reached the rivers namesake falls which is the point from which I could go no further, and on my first drift through the run at the foot I hooked up with a fish that took 15 feet of line off the reel in a half a second..After several more drag screaming runs I was able to land and get pictures of the brute..A gift from the river gods for finally making the trek..But the best part was That on an Easter Sunday I could fish 2 miles of creek and not see another soul..It just don't get much better..

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Woolly Bugger

looks like you've got that camera under control and the stream dialed in too!  -0- -0-

fish shots are great, but the box turtle rocks!  d:b
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

possessed

Nice fish.  Nice looking waterfall.   8)

wncpermit

damm you...... i'm up to my armpits in diapers right now.... hardly enough time to post on th

Rhody

My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

diaz dassie

Dayum Buddy, those are some sick ass pix! That water is murky as all hell, must be a major mother nature assist in creeping up to those skittich fucks. Nice that your stuck that big bow. This report is epic V:;
And as always...
{S;

Get Bent

Way to stick to your plan. Nice fish too!
Konichiwa Bitches!

snagaluffaguss

benben reincarnated

very awesome photos and some killer fish as well.   'c;

The Dude

Beautiful.  There's something so gratifying when you put in the effort to fish a remote stretch of wild water and catch a big fish.  It's just so much more special compared to walking down wooden steps from the parking lot to the Davidson and catching big fish......at least to me.  My hat's off to ya.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

blue ridge angler

Thanks guys.. 0:0

Dude, I agree 100%..Nothing beats working your ass off and being rewarded nicely for the effort..It's what keeps me fishing..Don't get me wrong though, I got love for the D too..It's all good..

Aka

Nice pics. That last bow is a beauty. Its always nicer getting one like that to hand in small water.
I busted off a 12" bow on a similar steam this past Saturday after its second run took it and my 7x into a long stretch of rocky, fast water was pure heartbreak and sorrow.

mecnc

Nice photos. Looks like a good time.  'c;

croaker

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

west_jay

Wow! That rainbow looks huge for that water.

Nice pics!