News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Hot & Humid TR

Started by themidge, July 18, 2015, 18:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themidge

! No longer available

It was humid and muggy when I left our country's capital this morning. I had done some recon on this stream, and today was the day. As far as I can tell, it's the closest cold-water stream to DC in the Commonwealth of VA. Less than an hour away in fact, and rumored to have brookies. In all of my research, not a soul had ever fished there, some only vaguely knowing about it. Several years ago money was put into stream habitat construction, but as for fish survival since then – nobody knew.

Started the day off in pouring rain, which was great for the flow by the time I arrived to the stream. Things were setting up nicely so far.

Swung by Wally World and found this gem. Apparently the key to catching stoggers is having 2 small balls and a limp worm.

Arrived late morning. It was muggy as hell. Only person here, no surprise. When I left at the end of the day I could tell by the mud tracks leading in that nobody else came today at all.

It was obvious the traffic to this stream is near zero. No sign of an angler whatsoever. If this stream were to hold brookies, I would think every better-than-you DC fly angler would be up here. Although, who am I kidding, they all want a guide in some exotic location. Getting dirty? That's for peasants they say. Consider me Miles Davis (read: peasant)! The stream is small, lots of growth. Briars, tight spots and tripping and falling.

Somebody's log-jam construction was on point. Obligatory lunch pic.

Lots of these bastardos. Red sided dace? Also caught a chub and thought I was hooked to a 12 inch brookie. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt - they ain't all bad.

Boom! Welcome to Pune Town.

Fightin' punes will wear you out. Nap time.

Supper.

Stopped by the beer store.

Cheers, gents!

Anyone ever tried turkey bacon?

revfox

Man, talk about a lead up, that was intense. Nice work wacking that bush.

Dougfish

There is desperation, then there is that....... b';

A nap? Really? I was gonna give you an A for effort until that.

PS. Pretty sure I know that so-called stream.

themidge

Quote from: Dougfish on July 18, 2015, 20:20:35 PM
There is desperation, then there is that....... b';

A nap? Really? I was gonna give you an A for effort until that.

PS. Pretty sure I know that so-called stream.

Not a nap fan? Must not work hard enough during the week.

I wouldn't doubt at all you know the stream...not incredibly hard to find... I have very little knowledge of anyone that has fished it.

Dee-Vo

Well, beats the hell out of work. Nice.

Jfey

Yup, going fishing

Big J

Very good. Always nice to have a close by trout option. I understand the nap as a guy who takes time from fishing to build a fire and make some fresh coffee.

Woolly Bugger

Pretty cool, pretty neat!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Aka

Hammocks are in the top five inventions of all time. Fire, beer, bacon, hammocks and blow jobs. I wouldn't pack one in on a day trip but it's still pretty cool.

NCsporksman

I've flogged sadder ditches for less

Michael Toris

Quote from: AKAaron on July 19, 2015, 09:34:57 AM
Fire, beer, bacon, hammocks and blow jobs.

Damn, what a fucking list.

sanjuanwormhatch

looks like a solid day from here.

Transylwader

Pune lining at it's finest. I doff my hat accordingly.
The stogger dvd range really tied this report together.

OldDominionAngler

Nicely played.  I'll try to get up with you next time..beggers can't be choosers.  There is however a great spot for beer right up 15.   d:b

RiverbumCO

I aint mad about dat right dare.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.