3 (25%)
one time at band camp I got stimulated
3 (25%)
sex robot (added for Mudwall)
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Woolly Bugger

Got my direct deposit today!

Unfortunately I'm going to have to buy a new laptop in the near future so that's where mine it going...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Onslow

Being I broke my 5 wt., and may end up purchasing a new rod, and an Orvis CFO.

jwgnc

We got ours too.  Spent on past and future Instacart driver tips, which had previously gone to my bartenders and waiters.  Oh, and I also spend it on the fees/mark-up which have made Apoorva Mehta a billionaire. 
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Woolly Bugger

well damn it, a "deal" popped up on a laptop that I couldn't refuse... still spendy but it should last me at least 6 if not 10 years.... i9 Nvidia RTX 2080, 32 GB, 1TB ssd + 512 GB ssd.
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

ryguy

Hoping to not spend ours at all...  but, knowing how this goes I'll probably have some major expense in the near future to put this toward...

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I need someone to talk to.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 01, 2021, 13:54:36 PMI need someone to talk to.

I added a new category just for you....
me -There's a season?

Big J

You need to do a poll on if you view these checks as wasteful government spending.  I feel like there are better ways to help people in need due to the economy downturn. I just see the nation going more and more in debt. These stimulus payments are payback free if you got more money than you should when they reconcile on the tax returns. Just my .02

Onslow

Quote from: Big J on January 01, 2021, 15:41:31 PMYou need to do a poll on if you view these checks as wasteful government spending.  I feel like there are better ways to help people in need due to the economy downturn. I just see the nation going more and more in debt. These stimulus payments are payback free if you got more money than you should when they reconcile on the tax returns. Just my .02

Ineffective policy in general.  I liken this to giving the entire US population a paltry days worth of antibiotic when only 20 percent the population is sick. It isn't enough to really help those ravaged, and most don't need the damn check. If our policy makers are so inept, and the populous so silly and myopic, there is no way in hell we will ever have a chance in our struggle with China.

Dougfish

A modern CCC could work on infrastructure week(years), job re-training, etc. Win, win.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Big J on January 01, 2021, 15:41:31 PMYou need to do a poll on if you view these checks as wasteful government spending.  I feel like there are better ways to help people in need due to the economy downturn. I just see the nation going more and more in debt. These stimulus payments are payback free if you got more money than you should when they reconcile on the tax returns. Just my .02

I think it should have been lager and earlier in the year but it should also been phased out at a lower income level - trouble is knowing who has become unemployed or has a reduced income.

If I were king;

$1,200 up to $20k
$1,000 up to $25k
$800 up to $30k
$400 up to $35k
$200 up to $40k

Jis say'in

me -There's a season?

Big J

I'll give you an example of how dumb these payments are. If in the 2019 tax year you made $70,000, you got both stimulus payments. And you got a new job in 2020 and you made $150,000, you don't have to repay any of these tax credits. If you made less than what you did in 2019 or had a kid in 2020, you will get the difference in the credit you got and what you should of received. The no repayment stuff is garbage.

I'd rather see that money goes towards unemployment payments or a system that employers can enroll employees in that received reduced hours or salary.

Woolly Bugger

I just used my $ to buy a China computer — some US company components but a Lenovo non the less —

I never really understood IBM selling their ThinkPad lineup to China
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

You cannot view this attachment.
me -There's a season?

Onslow

The issue with the whole "work" concept is many parents are not rearing their offspring anymore.  They purchase them a game console, smartphone, and let their kids run amuck because it is easy. America is entering an era wherein there will not be enough people with skillsets to maintain basic functions of this country because we're turning into a nation of lazy slow-tards.  This sounds far-fetched, but this is on our doorstep.

This has been the absolute worst year to be a school teacher.  Rather than students and parents working to get through the challenges of today, most would rather show up for class in pajamas, turn off the meeting video so games can be played, and be complete bozos.

My feelings would not be hurt a bit if the earth were hit by an asteroid, and all humanity be wiped away. This would be less shocking, and horrifying than what is coming.