News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Trout "bird" Slam - TR

Started by Transylwader, August 24, 2015, 12:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transylwader

With summer closing shop, The illegal immigrants fucking up my beloved gar and the "bird" nagging me to take her fishing, we pointed the Xterra towards the highest peak in Eastern North America.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Set up the tent and didn't waste time gittin' kitted.
Higher holer extraordinaire (can't quite put my finger on where she learned this shitbird trick...)

First cast, first fish. Dizzam...

Nayteeve brooks are cool especially in this drainage, it was mild, a little windy and the water was perfect.

Good luck hat works like a charm /'/

Birdie is a rather good rock hopper too.

Got into a mess of brookies up this feeder, and just as we were getting started, the clouds showed up in their droves, bloated and Im thinking that fucking weatherman And lights off...

Birdie started feeling cold, so I gave her the Howler Bros to keep up the efforts to smack the trouts lips

Even made me unhook her fish, so she didn't have to spook the back part of the hole and sting a few more...

She fished a bunch, I drank.

She isn't a lard arse, she doesn't know how to wear bray gear...

Dink pune roach says "see deez nuts?"

She casts that 8ft 3wt better than I can in rhodo hell. Mad props.

Life's tough when your birdie outfishes you.

Successfully fell off this (probably 14 beers in)

Ohshit! :o

And like that nasty little fucker in the Simpsons...

Headed over to our favorite pub in WNC for beers and trout pate.
We are looking to buy a hoose in Burnsville/Celo area before either of us does something to a shitty slicker. Hating on city life is also one of her passions, so we decided to live longer and be happier with the 20 or so animals that will be carted across state.
Checking out whats fer sale in the Alpine Realty mag...

Back at camp, I noticed I wasn't the only person who was high...
It rained like 6 hours...I was a passed out mess and slept through all of it.

The big river was running high and muddy. I slipped out the tent to ply my trade with a big ole sex dungeon. No takers p;-

So went back to camp and made a massive barffest

Barffests ain't barffests without aigs.
Drove home leisurely and now I sit and type this from my orrifice wishing I had never gotten in that damn car ever again... :'(

NCsporksman

steak and aigs for the win.....me and woolly comin for dem gatrudes, make ready

benben reincarnated

Good chit.

It's getting tough for you Mike, now your girl is telling YOU when to fish. 

BTW a long time ago it was once thought Grandfather Mountain was the highest peak in North Carolina, boy were they wrong, by about 738 feet!

Transylwader

Quote from: benben on August 24, 2015, 13:02:03 PM
It's getting tough for you Mike, now your girl is telling YOU when to fish. 
Nay bray, I fish errday.

Jfey

QuoteChecking out whats fer sale in the Alpine Realty mag.. 

We did the same  thing this weekend while visiting the mtns.  Time to get out of the shitty(at least partially)

Steaks on the cast iron ftw.
Yup, going fishing

Aka

Aww damn, shit be gettin' sureous...

Qualifying the composition of your birds ass FTW

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Yallerhammer

Good stuff, looks like she might just be a keeper.  Sorry you fell down and broke your ass. Steaknaigs look good, now get those steaks out of the cast arn and throw 'em right on that campfar grate.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Dougfish

Very nice, Mr. Mike. All the way round.  -+;

Beware, you are hitting that age where you stop bouncing and start breaking.  p;-

Transylwader

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 24, 2015, 16:20:25 PM
Just read this in the News and Observer... Meet the Trout Master of North Carolina
With a word like unofficial, there is zero credibility for this bloke.
And to be exact, there are 1764 trout streams in NC, of which a mere 17 have pure unadultered strains of Southern Appalachian brookies.
A vast majority of cricks I have fished have been the successful Saffa way forward of "fishing first and asking for forgiveness later"
I am up there, nearing at least 850.
My little black book and my excel spreadsheet on my desktop have all the details.
I grossed a whopping 31 new to me creeks so far this year :'(. Disgusting, but I hope to improve on that when i get back from Maine in October. In 2010, I hit up 134 in 10 months. Same year I got a really bad ankle sprain and I was out of the water and off the rugby field for 8 weeks straight. Not once did I lower my standards to fishing DH and ADA acessible ramps. I stayed at home writing feverishly in a journal of the creeks I absolutely had to massacre the following spring. 2011 was an equally good year, and then i did something really dumb. I started fishing with some assholes. Bad bad mistake. Only way you can conquer the 1K challenge is by doing this shit solo.
Think about it this way...there are 27 counties in WNC with wild trouts. Each county has at least 35-40 cricks (and yes, a feeder of a feeder is a crick) There's your thousand. Some counties like Avery has probably 150+ and then you have shitholes like Sorry County that had maybe 18.
I don't understand why some dudes will fish theee shit out of the same creek repeatedly. Like this dude that fishes the Smith and the Soho or the fucking Neuse. My gawd. I guess I get sick of the same old shit. Probably why I haven't been able to keep a woman around.
There's this concept in me and it consumes me. It's called "seeing what's around the next corner". It's kick ass and a really ingenius way to see it all. Western NC wasn't won on vanilla ice cream, it's being won by thousands of cheap beers, thousands of dollars of gas and thousands of sore trout faces.
Y'all have some catching up to do. Like fo real, yo. :P
Annnnd on with the peeing monkey! p;-

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Transylwader on August 24, 2015, 17:03:58 PM
I don't understand why some dudes will fish theee shit out of the same creek repeatedly. Like this dude that fishes the Smith and the Soho or the fucking Neuse. My gawd. I guess I get sick of the same old shit.

Now this is where Mike and I disagree.  I can't fathom stampeding from one stream to the next to fulfill some list.  I might be a slow learner but I can't appreciate a piece of water in a single (or even more) visit.  I fish the same WY stream/watershed most every year, never leave for a week-10days, and never get bored.    For those that fish the Smith, if they don't learn something new each trip then they ain't paying attention.  It is the same with the SOHO, although now too crowded and too in vogue for my taste.  Every stream and watershed can take a lifetime of exploration and discovery.    I had 2 days on Henry's Fork several years ago, and it still bothers me that the "lesson" was not nearly long enough; I plan one day return for at least a week.  Even stocker streams offer new and exciting to me, if they have pristine surroundings.  I've fished Back Creek Gorge hundreds of times, and with each trip I see/find something different.

Good job Mike, on finding a well-matched gal. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

JD

New water is great, and if you never explore you're missing out. But, sometimes if you're in between trips you can't stop thinking about that one spot on that one creek you fished months ago. Then you go back into your comfort zone. :laugh:

Yallerhammer

I love exploring and fishing new water, I  try to hit a few creeks every year that I've never fished. But, I also have several streams that are like old friends to me. Some nearby watersheds I have fished regularly for nearly forty years, and probably still haven't soaked a fly in all of their waters. Every season of the year, every day is a different mood, creeks are alive and changing constantly, you can spend a lifetime learning one stream and still never completely know it. I guess it's kind of like the difference in playing the field vs. eventually settling down with a good wife-there is a time and place for both. Except old creeks won't beat you over the head with a frying pan and take your house if you fish new creeks sometimes.  ;D
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Let me further highjack Tranny's wonderful trip report.  He ranted and raved so I suppose it is OK to do so.  Besides, it feels like autumn this morning and that gets my mojo working and the mind wondering off into bizarre cosmoses when I should be "Inventing the Future" for a paycheck.

The comparison of new and familiar waters to concubines and wives is a foolish one.   Waters can never be fully understood, documented, or predicted.  Women on the other hand can be fully understood; axiomatic they are, within 10 minutes if you deliberate with your mind and not your Jimmy.  Adopt they are all bat-shit crazy from the beginning and give them 10 minutes (15 if you're drunk or stoned) to prove you wrong.  A piece of water never gives up its secrets that fast. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon