News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Soho

Started by troutphisher, October 08, 2006, 22:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

I fished the South Holston for the first time, and it was a blast!
I was surprised at how it fished, it fished more like a wild stream, meaning the fish were very hard to catch, and they spooked easily. I saw lots of big fish, mostly browns, but there are some big rainbows too.

The water was very clear, and the conditions were sunny and warm.
There was a good hatch of sulphers and bwo's most of the day. I saw some craneflys, and some Grey caddis.

The sulphur's were size 16, and some smaller 18, the bwos's were in the 18-20 size range. The fish were sipping them as they were coming off.

I fished with Brudog both Saturday and Sunday. We had planed to fish the Watauga,  but I liked the Soho enough to fish it both days.

It was very hard to cast and not spook the fish, they were very picky and you didn't get many second chance's. They didn't move from their feeding lanes.

The river is full of shelfs and ledges, with some deep pockets between them. Where we fished the scenery was great, lots of colors on the trees, and nice boulders in the water, creating breaks and pools.

I didn't do to well nymphing, but did get some on the dry, Bru did very well with a dropper rig and landed some real nice rainbows, and browns.

I plan to fish it again some day, I liked the river! It was very challenging.

Here are some pics of some of the fish.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Mstash

With Brudog ? I'm sorry

No. He's a goodun

Great pics and glad to got a chance to fish it

Mstash

brownhunter

Great looking fish. They sure are puttin their colors on. Thanks
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

Discomidge

TP on the SoHo=ruined ::)

Kim ;D
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

flyman

Did Brudog take you down to the local club for the midnight transvestite review ;)
Yea, I'm redneck, so what!

kylemc

troutphisher

Quote from: flyman on October 09, 2006, 16:30:57 PM
Did Brudog take you down to the local club for the midnight transvestite review ;)

No they said Trout Maharishi canceled his show?
To bad too, cause I was going to bring a wrist rocket and shoot quarters up his arsh. ;D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

peter p

Good practice for the San Juan
Peter