News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Consolation prize..

Started by blue ridge angler, February 22, 2011, 17:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue ridge angler

Today I went to check out a local piece of water just below a dam not far from the house that Is purported to hold some muskies..I wasn't sure what the access situation was going to be like, and was pleasantly surprised to find a little gravel drive with a turn around..
The water looked good..After coming out of the dam, and going through some shallow runs it comes over a shelf and forms the first of three ponds, which are seporated by a shallower gravel bar in between each..I started at the top and worked my way slowly through all three ponds with no follows..As I approached the top for my second pass I noticed a few redhorse beginning to stage in the shallows just above the drop off into the first pond..I thought to myself that if I were a predator I would be sitting in the deep water just off the shelf below these fish..I cast my fly to the spot, gave it two strips and out of nowhere a large mouth inhaled my 8" streamer..It wound up being the biggest bass I've caught on a fly, and put a hell of a bend in the 10 stick..No muskies, but I'll take it..

snagaluffaguss

Damn  {S;...

and you don't care about anything anymore except fruit  -0- and touching yourself :;!...FUCK YOU

bd;0

Rhody

dayum, nice surprise

used to be called coffee pot somethin or other around there i think?

rhody
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

diaz dassie

I think i peed myself when I saw the bass  :o
you most defintiely and utterly suck :P

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

bullship

It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

gamatt53

dayum that thing is a beast congrats.

croaker

It ain't Musky, but it ain't bad...

Nice LM!!!
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

possessed

Dude, that is one awesome bass.  Congrats.   bd;0

I am a former hardcore bass fisherman (for years that's all I fished was bass) and have never caught one that big. 

overbrook

:o  Dammit....I was hoping to get out in the shoals in the next few days....you set the bar pretty damn high!  b';

OldDominionAngler

tomato can

Nice fish.  That is one electric blue fly - what do you call it?

blue ridge angler

Quote from: tomato can on February 23, 2011, 17:57:38 PM
Nice fish.  That is one electric blue fly - what do you call it?

It's a fly originated by Brad Bohen called Hang Time..I tied this one in a blue and gray color scheme with a white craft fur head, and big doll eyes..

Hawgkiller

Nice Hawg!  Where were you?     bd;0    'c;

blue ridge angler

Quote from: Hawgkiller on February 23, 2011, 21:22:14 PM
Nice Hawg!  Where were you?     bd;0    'c;

Thanks, I was right below Nunya dam in Secretville WV..