News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Unlimited Pine Tar & Rosin

Started by OldDominionAngler, July 13, 2014, 18:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldDominionAngler

Seems like an appropriate time to start this thread as they approach the All-Star break.  I know Flats, SJW, and a few others follow..who ya got?

I'm ready for some real October baseball in Baltimore.  This is no doubt their year to take AL East but their starting pitching in a playoff series is worrisome.  They'll need to add another arm to have a real shot.

Tigers (as always) are scary but good god...must be something in the water in California.  A's with MORE pitching now might be even scarier in the AL. Angels, Dodgers, and Giants playing really good baseball too.

NL Central will be a dog fight per usual...especially with the Brewers in the mix now too. 

NL East...I hear a lot about the Nats and Braves bad blood by geographical default.  I have an inkling as to which way this forum leans.   ;D

rbphoto

mMilwaukee sucks, just not today, and not at baseball this year.  11-2, fml as a Cards fan
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Michael Toris

raz

OldDominionAngler

Lester to A's...Price to the Tigers...AL shit just got real.    b';

sanjuanwormhatch

Been living under a rock for most of the season but plan to really start getting into it now.  Going to see the Nats/Braves on the 9th in some primo seats (free I might add) so that should get me primed if not before then. 

snagaluffaguss

BASEBALL
base·ball noun, often attributive \ˈbās-ˌbȯl\
: a slow, arcane, boring sport that is often played by over weight men and discussed ad nauseam by even more over weight men. 
See also: FLY FISHING

OldDominionAngler

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on July 31, 2014, 19:01:58 PM
BASEBALL
: a slow, arcane, boring sport that is often played by over weight men and discussed ad nauseam by even more over weight men. 

Let's not forget about the incredible athleticism required to participate in said sports. 

flatlander

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on August 01, 2014, 13:51:30 PM
Quote from: snagaluffaguss on July 31, 2014, 19:01:58 PM
BASEBALL

Let's not forget about the incredible athleticism required to participate in said sports. 

Speaking of athleticism..I didn't know Glavine was a hockey player, too.  Pretty interesting group of inductees into the HOF.  The Braves former bullpen, 3 managers, and some guy named Thomas.

Grannyknot

Took my son to his first minor league game last night.
He enjoyed the snacks & the dancing mascots on top of the dugouts, but that was about it.
The Tennessee Smokies came back from 6 down, but lost 4-6.
Pensacola's pitcher was on a no hitter through 6 innings, gave up a hit, and they pulled him.

Oh and it was $1 beer night.  y;

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Dougfish

He's a little young for a designated driver, right?
After all, you didn't have the 3 year old to cut you off.  ;D

OldDominionAngler

Quote from: Flatlander on August 01, 2014, 14:26:33 PM

Speaking of athleticism..I didn't know Glavine was a hockey player, too.  Pretty interesting group of inductees into the HOF.  The Braves former bullpen, 3 managers, and some guy named Thomas.

Incredible class this year.  Maddux and Glavine were SO dominant.  Odd Maddux decided not to be affiliated with the Braves though.  One of my best memories of Frank Thomas was the 500'+ bomb he hit during the home run derby at Three Rivers.  That man was a freak. 

Somewhat unrelated, but I would highly recommend the Netflix Documentary "The Battered Bastards of Baseball".  Great story about Bing Russell buying and running an independent minor league team in Portland in the 70s.  Imagine if the BRFFF fielded team at the World Fly Fishing Championship...it's kind of like that.   ;D  Good score too.

OldDominionAngler

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on August 22, 2014, 07:47:45 AM
Found this to be mildly interesting

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/baseball/baseball-repair-list-pardon-rose-quicken-pace-shor/ng6tY/?icmp=ajc_internallink_invitationbox_apr2013_ajcstub1#e8fb5218.257107.735466

Looks like the MLB is heeding the advice of some critcis on the time thing. 
http://deadspin.com/baseball-will-test-out-six-new-rules-to-speed-up-the-ga-1641283166 Nomar started all this shit with having to readjust his battling gloves every pitch.   n!n

Great game to kickoff the playoffs last night.   Will be tuning in tonight to see who the Nats get.