Rod and reel 4 sale

Started by brownhunter, November 15, 2009, 15:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownhunter

Well, I have to get rid of my favorite brookie rod and reel. With the wife not having a job, it is time I sell some stuff that I haven't used in over a year. I love brookie fishing, but this one has to go  :'(

The rod is a 6'6" Diamondglass- This rod is the quintessential small stream rod, but has enough backbone to put it to fish that are quite a bit larger. I have heard stories of people catching 20+" trout on this rod with no problems. This rod is in near perfect condition with an aluminum rod tube and sack. I paid $249, and I need to get $160.

The reel is an Abel TR-1, bought before they discontinued it. Abel has since brought back this line in 2008. This reel is tough as nails!!! It has a couple cosmetic scratches on it, but is in great shape. It is black in color. The reel comes loaded with white triangle taper line and backing. It also comes with an Abel reel case. I paid $259 for the reel, and $59 for the line. I need to get $200.

Pics will be added to post later this evening and thanks for looking.
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

George Tinaza

was wondering if the 6'6 diamondglass was still for sale and if so would you take less for the fly rod-george

brownhunter

It is still for sale. What price are you looking to spend on it?
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

brownhunter

George,
Are you still interested?