News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Mudwall's Questions

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, June 27, 2019, 08:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why do you decline to answer Mudwall's questions?

1.The questions are too sensitive
0 (0%)
2. Not enough context or unexplained
0 (0%)
3. Questions are not legitimate, most are rhetorical
2 (22.2%)
4. Too much effort required
1 (11.1%)
5. Mudwall is a prick and deserves no response
6 (66.7%)
6.   Once at church camp I answered "yes" to query if I played with myself and was forced to remove the spiders from the outdoor privies, so no more answering questions
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Here are the topical questions in various forums that have not been answered:

1.   So, is hybridization with Asian stock truly saving/restoring the American Chestnut?
2.   Have we soiled our environment so much that presently this recommendation for fish consumption is "the bright side"?
3.   Why the hell am I asking you angling cretins?
4.   So, who was the famous person that planted the redwood in SC? 
5.   Who planted the damned SC redwood?
6.   Did any of you order the Code Red?
7.   Should we believe?  Should we be concerned?  Should we place liability on the roughly 63 million of our friends and neighbors that had their heads firmly implanted in their asses back in 2016?
8.   Should Spring Rolls only be eaten in spring?
9.   Is this an administration PR move, a nugget to sidetrack?  Is there a hidden strategy to hasten other activities, like mining, logging, etc., on Federal lands?
10.   Why does Al most often fish with women?
11.   I wonder why they fell for the propaganda?
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

1. no
2. maybe
3. because you're tired of talking to fenceposts?
4. Forest Gump?
5. Jenny?
6. Isn't that a Mountain Dew? Ewww.
7. I'm a big fan of pumping sunshine.
8. Spring rocks, Spring rolls.
9. Yes
10. Peace, love and understanding.
11. Because they wanted to.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Onslow

A descendant of Thomas Drayton planted the damn redwood.  I never made the assertion he was famous, but well known....by the rich and famous.  The pictured tree is located at Magnolia Plantation/Gardens just outside of Charleston SC.

As for the rest of your questions, I really do not have the mental or physical will or stamina to answer them. 

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

<Synonyms and Antonyms of famous
widely known
a book about some of the most famous people of the last century
Synonyms of famous
big-name, celebrated, famed, noted, notorious, prominent, renowned, star, visible, well-known>

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/famous

Onslow

Remarks about question #1.

It is irrational to expect living things on earth to stay the same indefinitely.  Any person who fancies themselves as person of science, and who shuns belief in a supernatural being should not be perturbed by hybridizing of the American Chestnut.  Furthermore, humans and our activities are merely a product of evolution.

It seems however a creationist would find the hybridizing offensive since there is a presumption that God created everything, and things should not be trifled with.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on June 27, 2019, 16:09:04 PMRemarks about question #1.

It is irrational to expect living things on earth to stay the same indefinitely.  Any person who fancies themselves as person of science, and who shuns belief in a supernatural being should not be perturbed by hybridizing of the American Chestnut.  Furthermore, humans and our activities are merely a product of evolution.

It seems however a creationist would find the hybridizing offensive since there is a presumption that God created everything, and things should not be trifled with.

Nope, you need to dig a bit deeper.  I have no problem with the hybridization.   What bothers me is the claim that it is saving/restoring the American Chestnut.   Semantics, I know.

You're a better man than me if you understand creationists and what would offend them.   I've tried to antagonize Big J with fossils, but it never seems to work.  I think he believes they are merely rocks with pretty, shapely indentations.

Btw, thanks for answering the question on the famous S. Carolinian.

Pansyman

I like Fritos and peanut butter
You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on June 27, 2019, 08:33:31 AMHere are the topical questions in various forums that have not been answered:

1. So, is hybridization with Asian stock truly saving/restoring the American Chestnut?
I think that they are barking up the wrong tree.
2. Have we soiled our environment so much that presently this recommendation for fish consumption is "the bright side"?
Yes, its as good as its going to get
3. Why the hell am I asking you angling cretins?
retirement isn't always pretty
4. So, who was the famous person that planted the redwood in SC?
I tried to find out but failed until I read onslow reply and I'm still in the dark
5. Who planted the damned SC redwood?
see above
6. Did any of you order the Code Red?
Hell yea!
7. Should we believe?  Should we be concerned?  Should we place liability on the roughly 63 million of our friends and neighbors that had their heads firmly implanted in their asses back in 2016?
situation is correctable sooner or later
8. Should Spring Rolls only be eaten in spring?
any month with a R, jis say'in
9. Is this an administration PR move, a nugget to sidetrack?  Is there a hidden strategy to hasten other activities, like mining, logging, etc., on Federal lands?
master of illusion by misdirection
10. Why does Al most often fish with women?
he's got game
11. I wonder why they fell for the propaganda?
who is they?

[/b]
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 27, 2019, 20:15:06 PM11. I wonder why they fell for the propaganda?
who is they?

[/b]
[/quote]

Those southern Appalachian mountain boys mentioned in the link in your civil war thread.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on June 27, 2019, 20:40:51 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 27, 2019, 20:15:06 PM11. I wonder why they fell for the propaganda?
who is they?

[/b]

Those southern Appalachian mountain boys mentioned in the link in your civil war thread.
[/quote]
In a 1997 interview with Donald Faulkner and William Kennedy, Foote stated that he would have fought for the Confederacy, and "what's more, I would fight for the Confederacy today if the circumstances were similar. There's a great deal of misunderstanding about the Confederacy, the Confederate flag, slavery, the whole thing. The political correctness of today is no way to look at the middle of the nineteenth century. The Confederates fought for some substantially good things. States' rights is not just a theoretical excuse for oppressing people. You have to understand that the raggedy Confederate soldier who owned no slaves and probably couldn't even read the Constitution, let alone understand it, when he was captured by Union soldiers and asked, 'what are you fighting for?' replied, 'I'm fighting because you're down here.' So I certainly would have fought to keep people from invading my native state."
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Beetle

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on June 27, 2019, 08:33:31 AMHere are the topical questions in various forums that have not been answered:

1.   So, is hybridization with Asian stock truly saving/restoring the American Chestnut?
2.   Have we soiled our environment so much that presently this recommendation for fish consumption is "the bright side"?
3.   Why the hell am I asking you angling cretins?
4.   So, who was the famous person that planted the redwood in SC? 
5.   Who planted the damned SC redwood?
6.   Did any of you order the Code Red?
7.   Should we believe?  Should we be concerned?  Should we place liability on the roughly 63 million of our friends and neighbors that had their heads firmly implanted in their asses back in 2016?
8.   Should Spring Rolls only be eaten in spring?
9.   Is this an administration PR move, a nugget to sidetrack?  Is there a hidden strategy to hasten other activities, like mining, logging, etc., on Federal lands?
10.   Why does Al most often fish with women?
11.   I wonder why they fell for the propaganda?

Phil

I think both Doug and Woolly answered the questions satisfactorily.

Woolly Bugger

Hey muddy, what is this doing on the smith river ?
You cannot view this attachment.
me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I can only guess.  I've seen them on the SH and the Jackson.  It is strange to see saltwater bivalve shells in the hills.  I suspect someone upstream had a feast, or attempted to supplement their garden, or mom finally got tired of the vacation souvenir collecting dust in Jr's room and tossed it. 

Weird stuff often finds its way into the water. 

I found lobster shells on a WY trout stream at an elevation of 8100 feet.  I suspect some swell, high in the mountain above, in some campground, had a lobster supper. 

Before the labyrinth dam on the SH, we'd find shoes in the river – most were women's shoes, and never would we find a match.  We hypothesized that the shoes were artifacts from some bizarre NE TN sexual ritual.  "Honey, you'll get no poke from me until you toss one of your shoes in the river."

Yallerhammer

7: (not on the poll:)
Some of the questions I don't know the answer to.

Many of your questions fall deep into the category of I come on here to talk about fly fishing, not to discuss leftist political propaganda bullshit. Fishing for me is a refuge from bullshit, politics, and life in general. It is as close to a religion as I have. Don't piss in my church. I don't want to discuss politics on a fishing forum. Fly fishing is apolitical. I could enjoy a day of fishing with you, even if I disagree strongly with you on many political subjects.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff