Went fishing and camping last week at the dirty D .

Started by Trout Maharishi, October 31, 2012, 22:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

Took the whole week off, weather was great until Sunday. Fishing was very good some days and just awful a couple other days. My son and Caleb camped with me a couple days each. Caleb can see fish better than anyone I know/ We worked hard the first couple days with very poor results. High blue bird skies, north east wind, low water, and no cloud cover had em lock jawed. Then about Thursday the clouds moved in, the barometer eased off and things got much better. Double P came over on Saturday and we probably had the best day of the week. The falling barometer and cloudy conditions produced some good fish and double digit catches for all of us. Also my friend Ben showed me a new midge Thursday that really did the trick for the next 3 days. No big fish were caught, a couple were molested  and drug around a little bit, but they must have been camera shy. :laugh:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Transylwader

The Holy One strikes! Even if its the vagina of the hallowed Transylvania Kingdom...

Beetle

Did you feast on any stockers, or just the wild ones?

Nice trip!

benben reincarnated

Woolly Bugger

what? no gnome? no midget hookers? no blow? yer loosing yer game....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Grannyknot

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 01, 2012, 07:09:40 AM
what? no gnome? no midget hookers? no blow? yer loosing yer game....

I mentioned on another forum that it seemed like a tame report by his standards.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I really like that last picture!  Very nice!

Quotewhat? no gnome? no midget hookers? no blow? yer loosing yer game....

He did mention a midget in his report.  He revealed that Ben showed him a new pattern.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Trout Maharishi

I had the good fortune of having Caleb camp with me a couple days and my son the rest of the time. They keep me on my best behavior, which is still far from tame :D It's people like Karl, Ben, and Double P that lead me astray /'/ 
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutboy_II

I'm headed there tomorrow for a "during the week" try.  Water is still low and I'm sure still clear. Should be interesting.

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

flatlander

Looks like a grand time to me. Glad you got out TM.

5xTippett

Glad things picked up, Steve!  I hate I missed this one.

Aka

Good stuff TM.

You might bring some of your peeps with you next time and make some money on the side...

asheville craigslist > jobs > art/media/design jobs

Looking for midget performers (Downtown Asheville)

Date: 2012-11-01, 9:23PM EDT
Reply to this post md6xw-3380579635@job.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

We just opened a spot in downtown Asheville and are looking for little people to perform once for a nice little "PR" stunt. Save your lectures for someone else. If you're a midget and want to perform, contact me. We will make it worth your while. I guess I have to say, just as a preemptive strike, I am crippled... permanently. I am disfigured. You can say whatever you want about me. I am secure in who I am and what I am. So, that said, once again, I'm looking for a couple of secure, confident midgets who dont give a shit what anyone else thinks to perform for a crowd.
Compensation: $20/hr
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
PostingID: 3380579635