News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Dee-Vo

Just got out of quarantine. Wife had the virus for the second time last week.

First time, she was hospitalized.

This time was comparable to a common cold.

Hopefully the vaccine is making it much more manageable. Seems to be in our case.

Onslow

Lots of ripping and tearing taking place in the construction industry, suppliers, contractor staffers and subcontractors. 50% of the workforce is down in my world.

Thanks to covid, we have the means to completely enslave ourselves.  Now we must continue to work remotely when it snows,  when we're dehydrated, vomiting, running a fever. No freedom, no rest.  The dirt nap looks seems like a dream, a paradise.

Dee-Vo

It's a real pain in the ass for work. I have orders that are slated to arrive 14-16 MONTHS after my customers place them. Employment for production/delivery/service/repair is a nightmare when a group is being quarantined -- and when they're not being quarantined, people are too sorry to work in the first place.

Trout Maharishi

More big numbers today, hospital are close to full again. b'; I heard today the booster is 90% effective in keeping you out of the hospital from covid :laugh: So what do all the people in the hospital have? Anybody wanna buy some test kits?
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on January 21, 2022, 18:33:44 PMMore big numbers today, hospital are close to full again. b'; I heard today the booster is 90% effective in keeping you out of the hospital from covid :laugh: So what do all the people in the hospital have? Anybody wanna buy some test kits?
If I had as many shots sticking out of me as I've had sticking in me, I'd look like a fucking porkypine.
Here's my question:
Shots are effective at stopping the spread of the virus?  You can't fly internationally without a covid shot or negative test. New variant pops up in a village in Zimbabwe tomorrow. Next week, it's going gangbusters all over the world? The shot doesn't work at stopping the spread of the virus. It probably helps with lessening the symptoms if you get it. 
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Woolly Bugger

BUM DEAL China brings back anal swab testing for Covid in world's most brutal lockdown two weeks before Winter Olympics begin

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4512129/china-anal-swabs-covid-mandatory-winter-olympics/

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 22, 2022, 23:15:22 PMBUM DEAL China brings back anal swab testing for Covid in world's most brutal lockdown two weeks before Winter Olympics begin

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4512129/china-anal-swabs-covid-mandatory-winter-olympics/

:o
That'll help the pole vault competition, maybe

Woolly Bugger

Park City Utah School System
You cannot view this attachment.

This chart shows this difference in transmutability of the omacron strain...

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Regardless of how you feel about this pandemic, masks, vaccines, distancing, and the ensuing shit show, this bug is freaking amazing.

I wish I had paid attention in the 70s in that microbiology class, then I might understand some of this science.

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavirus/2022/01/26/whats-known-about-stealth-version-of-omicron/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/stealth-meaning-explained-as-stealth-omicron-ba2-variant-found-in-26-states/ar-AAT9zkl?ocid=uxbndlbing
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Onslow

Meta execs are brilliant.  Blow some air on that fire.

QuoteA Facebook group organizing the U.S. convoy that had amassed 130,000 members has been tossed off the social media platform amid allegations that the movement was being promoted by right-wing extremists, which the organizers deny.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/592647-us-trucker-convoy-coming-joe-biden-will-ignore-protests-at-his-peril?rl=1

While we fight over the definition of freedom, China is appears to be developing proficiency managing life during a biological warfare event.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Onslow on February 04, 2022, 06:20:39 AMMeta execs are brilliant.  Blow some air on that fire.

QuoteA Facebook group organizing the U.S. convoy that had amassed 130,000 members has been tossed off the social media platform amid allegations that the movement was being promoted by right-wing extremists, which the organizers deny.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/592647-us-trucker-convoy-coming-joe-biden-will-ignore-protests-at-his-peril?rl=1

While we fight over the definition of freedom, China is appears to be developing proficiency managing life during a biological warfare event.

https://messaging-custom-newsletters.nytimes.com/template/oakv2?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20220204&instance_id=52126&nl=the-morning&productCode=NN&regi_id=36846785&segment_id=81611&te=1&uri=nyt%3A%2F%2Fnewsletter%2Fc8158fca-e260-524b-b1ae-70abb57f2541

If China didn't take drastic measures and were like us in the USA they would have something in to order of 4 MILLION DEATHS

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Onslow

You cannot view this attachment.

Woolly Bugger

double vaccinated boosted friend with limited exposure just got it -- shit is here to stay and we will all be at risk of getting it.
me -There's a season?