News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Palin vs. Biden

Started by Woolly Bugger, October 02, 2008, 21:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

I see we have a listing of Palin's accomplishments. (Pretty impressive, BTW)

I assume TB2 is working on Obama's. Can't wait to read them.

Fire-Fly

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 07, 2008, 10:35:20 AM
Link for Peddler
I read this article a while back, it made me sick. wheter or not a person agree's with Mcain as pres. he should not be treated like this article does, this showed no class and lack of respect for veterans. They find one guy who makes these claims about Mcain, seems fabricated since it wasnt written when Mcain was running against Bush in 99" and Rolling Stone was against Bush. But Mcain served his country and spent 5 years in a pow camp, enough said, he deserves the respect of Americans for that, just as all veterans do. It says Mcain confessed in the pow camp, the man had 2 boke shoulders and a broken leg when he was taken there, no telling what pain they put him through while he was there, and being a Navy man myself, those pilots are not given any info except the mission that they are on at the time, the military does that for a reason. Mcain is an American hero  and so are any men and women who have served this country and all should be given due respect, this article is a spit in the face of veterans across this country, and being a veteran myself, and having a Grandfather who was a pow in Germany, thats exactly how it made me feel, SICK.

Al

Quote from: Al on October 07, 2008, 16:12:43 PM
I see we have a listing of Palin's accomplishments. (Pretty impressive, BTW)

I assume TB2 is working on Obama's. Can't wait to read them.

Still waiting! Must be a long list if you're still working on it.

I also agree with Fire Flys recent post. Put enough pressure on any prisoner and you can get them to say whatever you want - That is one reason McCain says torture of the folks at Gitmo is not fetching any reliable information. That article was just something to trash McCain.

Trout Maharishi

TB done played the race card :o Now I can't speak for Phish but let me tell you how I feel. Blacks represent about 13% of the US population. Yet they represent 41% of all people in jail, and 49% of all people in prison. 1 in 3 blacks between the ages of 20-29 are either on parole, probation, or in jail or prison. Think I made these figures up, do a little research yourself. I have lived long enough that I have lived thru all the civil rights, women's rights, and gay rights movements. None of them have benefited me or any of my family. I feel that part of the problem now with our elected officials is the mandate placed on us by the district, state, and federal courts that have drawn districts to insure black repsentation. The only thing it's really done is insure unqualified and ineffective representation. While well meaning mandates like Affirmative Action may have helped blacks, can you honestly say that it hasn't hurt non-blacks. How can you give preference to one segment of the population and not harm another? Again just like the contrived voting districts all it's done is insure that a minority get a job or into a university that they may or may not be the most qualified for. Look at the mess at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are in, most of the problems there have came from trying to insure minority home ownership. Dumbass Barney Frank now claims that any complaints about how they were run are just code for raceism against blacks. You must live a very sheltered life to not realize there is a vast void between the races in the US. You don't think you aren't hated just because you are white? There are places in almost every city where they would be glad to rob and kill you, rape your wife, and steal everything you own while you are hard at work. You call it racism, I call it reality :(

http://www.newnation.org/NNN-Black-on-White.html
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

Being a fair and balanced guy, let me help TB2 out.

I have become quite proficient at finding data, even though I am sure with a little time and training, I could train Elmo the white chicken to perform this task.

Note:
Before you call me a racist again, I used the term "white chicken" to describe his color and species.
I am in no way implying race. In fact his origins and race are aboriginal Austrian.

[yt=425,350]_LPRA6MUH_I&eurl[/yt]

"put ana'tha Shrrrimp on the Ba-bee"

Here is Obama's voting record.
You can go through each bill in detail and see the results of pass or rejection, including majority required.

After reading most of the bills that Obama supported, it is obviously clear, he is in the top 5 most liberal senators.
He chooses his bills carefully, casting no vote, or present.

Note the tax increase bills........

http://obama.senate.gov/votes/

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

trout_boy_II

Sorry Al - been fishing the last two days.  Looks like TP has posted the info you wanted.  I don't see anything there relevant to my earlier comments, but it's there if you want it.  Thanks TP.

As for my comments on racial bias, I'll stand by them.  I do not dispute the statistics the TM posted - those are often quoted and I agree, they are a sad comment on black America.  I was a liberal in the 60's and 70's when in school and did the marches, etc.  I have never been so disappointed in that all that work seems to have been just chucked out the door, as evident by the statistics you quoted.  I got in an argument the other day with one of my kids with my position that 50 years is a long enough time for black America to get a leg up on the rest of us in the areas you pointed out and it should be a level playing field going forward.  But that still does not make it OK to put down a person based on the color of their skin.  I think it is pretty evident that TP disagrees with Obama's policies, record, soft eyes (that's what he said in an earlier post  ???), etc., all of which is absolutely his prerogative, but the continued racial bias is uncalled for.  I doesn't appear to me that Obama falls into any of the negative statistical criteria that you showed.  He didn't replace you, me, or TP at Columbia or Harvard Law school (where he was the first black President of the Harvard Law Review and graduated magna cum laude), so why the racial zingers?  Yes, he's black.  So what?  Get over it.

I've been standing in the river all day in the rain and I'm tired.  I'm also tired of this discussion.  The only reason I responded the first time was to let other people on this board know that they didn't have to agree with your positions and biases in order to "play" on the board.  I don't think either of us ever broke rule #1, although we both were close a few times.  In order to keep that intact, I'll refrain from further political comments.  I'm sure everybody else is getting as tired of the harangues as I am.  Besides, in a few short weeks we'll all know what finally happened with the election.  Then, I reserve the right for one final political comment at that time.   ;D

Peace.

TB

Al

Quote from: trout_boy_II on October 08, 2008, 16:18:28 PM
Sorry Al - been fishing the last two days.  Looks like TP has posted the info you wanted.  I don't see anything there relevant to my earlier comments, but it's there if you want it.  Thanks TP.

TB

Not so fast. I don't think you can bow out now without telling us what there is about the record of liberal votes or "present" votes, as posted by TP, combined with his previous job experience there is to inspire us to think this guy is ready to be president.

Remember we are voting for Obama or McCain and not Biden or Palin.

brownhunter

Quote from: Al on October 08, 2008, 16:44:59 PM
Remember we are voting for Obama or McCain and not Biden or Palin.

I think that is the smartest thing said yet!!!!!
Now, let's all go and get a few drinks  0--0  0--0  0--0
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

troutphisher

TB2

Your candidate has four Racists friends, Micheal Phleger, Jeremiah Wright, William Ayers and Louis Farrakhan.
Then you can't even give a reason other then change and color of skin to support you candidate.
Obama has four more racists friends than I do, yet you continue to call me a racist?

Even peddler puts up a better defense than you do. He at least admits he's a bush hater.

What a fucking joke you are.

Pull your fucking head out, douche nozzel.........

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

trouthemp

were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl....year after year........

trouthemp

were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl....year after year........