News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Palin vs. Biden

Started by Woolly Bugger, October 02, 2008, 21:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trout_boy_II

LOL Oldman!  He does look like George!  Perhaps a Smurf George, but George for sure!

As for party affiliation, my view is that you decide what your own view is first, then see if a party platform and candidate matches that view.  Unfortunately, we only seem to have two parties for the most part, so your "match" may not be the best.  Then you have to decide if you want your vote to count or not.  If so, you probably have to pick one of the two (although I did vote for "that sucking sound" Ross Perot a while back).  Over the years I have voted for Democrats and Republicans as my view seemed to best match theirs.  In some cases, I made a bad choice (Mr. Reagan did a fine job, much to my surprise), but that's a good problem to have.

What is disappointing is the theory by one of the parties that yelling louder constitutes wisdom or truth.  It's just yelling louder.  So all the cute Photoshop work and the constant stream of noise from the right doesn't really indicate any wisdom or even good information, in my opinion.  Clearly you can disagree and many of you do, and that's fine, but I'm with lepomus_micro on the bottom line of this election.  The Republicans have royally screwed the pooch and Mr. McCain, good man that he is, is part of that machine.  He hasn't been much of a maverick, or admittedly, the kind of maverick I would like to see.  Absence any rational explanation for the war, the fact that he suggested we throw more troops at it seems irrelevant.  We should never have been there.  The candidate I will cancel TP's vote with, said that.  Had John McCain been enough of a real maverick in his own party and said the same, he might have my vote.

Instead, he chooses to be a "maverick" by picking young inexperienced politician from a state that might as well be another planet - not exactly in tune with the rest of the US - and puts her up as a confidence builder in case something happens to him?  I don't need that kind of maverick decision making in the White House and I really doubt many of you in your heart of hearts really does either.

Hope none of the above came across as yelling or I'd be missing my own point!   :P

Sorry no Photoshop in my post.  I don't vote that way.

TB

troutphisher

If your counting on Obama for helping education, here is his legacy in Chicago.

http://www.schooldatadirect.org/app/data/q/stid=14/llid=116/stllid=384/locid=1031678/catid=1013/secid=4662/compid=851/site=pes

Quoted from the Chicago Tribune

Then Secretary of Education, William Bennett stated that the Chicago educational system was the worst in the Nation.

William Ayers prepared the proposal that got the seed money for the education reform program that would become the Chicago Annenberg Challenge - some $50M from the Annenberg Foundation, which was then matched by philanthropists and business interests - to total over $100M for Chicago's failing school system.

As you can see from the rankings in the above link, district 299 schools rank last in the state, and are well behind in the county standings.

Obama's education record is extremely poor, not what I would base my vote on.

No photo shop here......

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Al

Quote from: trout_boy_II on October 06, 2008, 15:17:27 PM
Instead, he chooses to be a "maverick" by picking young inexperienced politician from a state that might as well be another planet - not exactly in tune with the rest of the US - and puts her up as a confidence builder in case something happens to him?  I don't need that kind of maverick decision making in the White House and I really doubt many of you in your heart of hearts really does either.

TB

At least Palin would be a heartbeat away from being president. Obama would be president and in my point of view he has much less experience then Palin. I am sure some of you can point out the managerial and accountability positions he has had but so far I have not heard any of them touted in the media.

trouthemp

Quote from: trout_boy_II on October 06, 2008, 15:17:27 PM

I really doubt many of you in your heart of hearts really does either.

TB

I am not using my heart in this decision. I have a gut feeling.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl....year after year........

trout_boy_II

Uh, I think you guys are making my point.  Thanks.

TB

trouthemp

Oh, I almost forgot, the gay man contribution.

were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl....year after year........

Trout Maharishi

I have heard that this election may not be won just yet. I heard his support is waning in the black community >:D ;D :angel:
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Fire-Fly

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on October 06, 2008, 17:06:37 PM
I have heard that this election may not be won just yet. I heard his support is waning in the black community >:D ;D :angel:
//? //? //? //? //? //?
Thats some funny shit right there, true but funny!

troutphisher

Obama/Biden tribute to Barney Frank.

But will it turn out the gay vote?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Peddler

As someone else said, some of you macho-men protestith too much about Barney being gay. He is, it seems, more of a man by coming out than the sick losers on the right who pretend to be all-holy and righteous while getting busted with their same-sex partners.
Kinda makes me wonder why the fixation with mens peckers by the right.  8)
We all know by now that it's the Republican who preach the anti-gay mantra all the while taking same-sex interns from behind or while trolling in rest areas looking for a same-sex partner.
Then there is this little tidbit:
The co-chairman of the campaign to select Senator John McCain as the Republican US Presidential candidate has resigned after offering an undercover police officer $20 for oral sex.

I'm not so sure i would keep playing the gay card seeing as the Repugnantans have a lock on men-on-men sex!
Just a suggestion.

Maybe it best you keep to what your Kool-Aid drinking, tin-foil hat wearing community does best, regurgitate lies and half-truths over and over to make sure you all get a warm and fuzzy feeling when nodding in robot-like agreement with each other.

'Jes sayin'

All who have been converted over to change their votes by constant child-like rants please raise your hand.
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

troutphisher

The republican gays, don't make $750 billion dollar fuck ups, then spin the debacle to deflect blame.

I don't quite get your point???????

Maybe a look at your x-ray will clear things up?

OH FUCK!............ I see the problem clearly now.

Better get that removed or you might over flow with shit......

In the mean time try some of this

And remeber......is OK to be gay, not theres that anything wrong with it.

Peddler

Quote from: troutphisher on October 06, 2008, 18:45:09 PM

And remeber......is OK to be gay, not theres that anything wrong with it.

and now you're on a poop fixation too?  :P
To each his/her/its own there TP.

troutphisher

Just stare and the funny wheel, you'll feel better.........

overbrook

Quote from: trout_boy_II on October 06, 2008, 06:48:45 AM
  I know she's the VP not the Prez candidate, but a guy in his seventies, with a history of cancer? - you just can't ignore that. 

I keep hearing the left bitch about McCain's history of cancer and how he's gonna be eatin dirt....which leaves us with Palin for President.......but Obama is already fuckin brain dead ....so where does that leave us? ???

Peddler

Quote from: overbrook on October 06, 2008, 21:30:18 PM
Quote from: trout_boy_II on October 06, 2008, 06:48:45 AM
  I know she's the VP not the Prez candidate, but a guy in his seventies, with a history of cancer? - you just can't ignore that. 

I keep hearing the left bitch about McCain's history of cancer and how he's gonna be eatin dirt....which leaves us with Palin for President.......but Obama is already fuckin brain dead ....so where does that leave us? ???

Lessee... a Harvard graduate who led the Harvard Law Review or some made-up bimbo who poorly regurgitates what she is told to....
Talk about fuckin brain dead!
Your fucking buttheads blew it big time over the past eight years, face it. Also, face the facts people are getting tired of being burned by pulling the lever for assholes who haven't done a GD thing for them but take their money and put their asses deep in debt!

I know, but 'dey gonne git yer guns if'n ya vote any other way'. That's fucking bullshit too but a very effective scare tactic sure to lock-in the ever faithful single issue voter!