As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Palin vs. Biden

Started by Woolly Bugger, October 02, 2008, 21:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

I give Palin a B+ and Biden an A-

nobody screwed up!  ;D
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

I am checking some facts tonight and will have answers in the morning.
I think Biden has around ten mistakes on his facts.....
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Al

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 02, 2008, 21:35:57 PM
I give Palin a B+ and Biden an A-

nobody screwed up!  ;D

I agree but think that Palin came across as more believable them Biden. Biden in my opinion came across as just another politician who is loose with the facts and one who talks in double speak. What he says may be factually correct but he does not tell the rest of the story.

If you want "change" you are not going to get it with Biden.

peter p

Haven't done any fact checking yet myself, but my impression was Palin refused to answer any of the questions.  (as she stated she wasn't going to) And, when she did, she didn't give many concrete policies or stances.  She likes to speak in generalizations.  Whenever she did talk about policy, it seemed very in-line with a lot of the current policies we have in place.  With that said, she certainly came across better then she has lately.  But, I would still be very worried if she was at the helm of the country. 

Biden answered the question that was asked and sounded like he had a better grasp of the situation at hand.  His experience advantage vs Palin was clearly evidence.  If this had been a Presidential debate vs a VP debate, I think that Biden would have been seen by many of the pundits as a clear winner. 

But, given that it was not, both VP candidates did what they had to and didn't hurt either Presidential candidates chances.  Which, is really too bad.  I wasn't looking forward to a lot of good humor in this one.  I had fully anticipated watching a lot of youtube videos today.   

Updated:  Just trying to avoid work.  Not sure if you guys ever look here or not.  But, they go a good job at presenting facts in a comprehensive manner.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_biden-palin_debate.html 

Peter

jamisjockey

Quote from: troutphisher on October 02, 2008, 22:45:42 PM
I am checking some facts tonight and will have answers in the morning.
I think Biden has around ten mistakes on his facts.....

You mean like the "100,000 cops on the street!!"??
-JD

I hated hipsters before it was mainstream

Peddler

This about nails it!

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

trout_boy_II

Unfortunately for all our sakes Peddler, I think you're right.  I really don't think she's dumb, but I think she is completely unprepared.  I know the right sez the same about Obama - I guess we'll find out - but do you really think he would be unable to handle those questions?  I know she's the VP not the Prez candidate, but a guy in his seventies, with a history of cancer? - you just can't ignore that.  Even if I were a McCain supporter, which I actually am, just not for President, I couldn't vote for that ticket.

I'll be glad when it is all over.   :P

TB

Fire-Fly

Quote from: trout_boy_II on October 06, 2008, 06:48:45 AM
Unfortunately for all our sakes Peddler, I think you're right.  I really don't think she's dumb, but I think she is completely unprepared.  I know the right sez the same about Obama - I guess we'll find out - but do you really think he would be unable to handle those questions?  I know she's the VP not the Prez candidate, but a guy in his seventies, with a history of cancer? - you just can't ignore that.  Even if I were a McCain supporter, which I actually am, just not for President, I couldn't vote for that ticket.

TB
Why dont you just come out and admit your a Dermocrat, it will help you sleep at night. I mean look at Clay Aiken all this time he denied being gay but finally admitted it and is very happy, from what i've read. That way you can bash the republicans and outwardly support the democrats, instead of all this trying to hide the true identity.

troutphisher

I bet Palin knows there is 50 states, not 60 states like Broc.......he he he he

Talk about fucking stupid.........

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

trout_boy_II

You fellers sure seem to be hung up with this "gay" thing.  Perhaps "Thou does protest too much!"

And, no, proudly, I am an Independent.  Which means I think about who I vote for...

TB

lepomis_mcro

Quote from: Fire-Fly on October 06, 2008, 07:59:16 AM

TB
Why dont you just come out and admit your a Dermocrat, it will help you sleep at night. I mean look at Clay Aiken all this time he denied being gay but finally admitted it and is very happy, from what i've read. That way you can bash the republicans and outwardly support the democrats, instead of all this trying to hide the true identity.

i belive TB2 when he say's he is independent

heck im a conservative at heart.  http://americanconservativeparty.org/?q=node/597

but the right has let me down too many times.

i was for mccain when he ran against bush in the primary but when ,that rich persons version of a draft dodger, bush railroaded him. maccain didnt fight back. i lost alot of respect for him as a leader.

the when 9/11 happened i though to myself maybe bush would step up to the plate and hit a homerun. not to be, he invaded a country that never attacked us, and one that none of the hijacker, or the master mind behind it were from.

i thought for a moment that there might be a bright light to cling onto when the house voted against the bail out. but alas they were just waiting for more goodies to be added before they voted for it.

after 8 years of bush, and 6 of the last 8 years of republican control of congress. im tired of the let down. they have done nothing for me. i would love to hear from you guys how your live have improved over the last eight years.

but as for me im going to give the other side a chance to let me down for the time being....

go obama ;D

(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Oldman

Dang Phish, The pic of Broc looks like Greoge Washington.

troutphisher

Quote from: lepomis_mcro on October 06, 2008, 12:26:08 PM
Quote from: Fire-Fly on October 06, 2008, 07:59:16 AM

TB

i belive TB2 when he say's he is independent

heck im a conservative at heart.  http://americanconservativeparty.org/?q=node/597

but the right has let me down too many times.

i was for mccain when he ran against bush in the primary but when ,that rich persons version of a draft dodger, bush railroaded him. maccain didnt fight back. i lost alot of respect for him as a leader.

the when 9/11 happened i though to myself maybe bush would step up to the plate and hit a homerun. not to be, he invaded a country that never attacked us, and one that none of the hijacker, or the master mind behind it were from.

i thought for a moment that there might be a bright light to cling onto when the house voted against the bail out. but alas they were just waiting for more goodies to be added before they voted for it.

after 8 years of bush, and 6 of the last 8 years of republican control of congress. im tired of the let down. they have done nothing for me. i would love to hear from you guys how your live have improved over the last eight years.

but as for me im going to give the other side a chance to let me down for the time being....

go obama ;D

This is the typical mantra of the liberal party, my government should improve my life, not me.
The Democrat's have their membership right where they want them, depending on the government to make their lives improve.

This is clearly evident in the current events of the day. The Democrats tried to improve peoples lives by encouraging home loans, they new would fail to the people who were  most vulnerable.

I wonder if you asked the people who purchased homes under these newly created financing options, mandated by the democratic party, if their lives are better off now that they are losing their homes and credit rating.

How are the investors who's 401K, and other retirement investments that  have now lost 30% of there value (and still dropping) if they are better off under the control of democrats, who adamantly opposed regulation of Fanny Mea and Freddy Mac. This is the work of the democratic party lead by Barney.

Regardless of which party is in the white house, I have managed to improve my life without them. I have saved my money, and planed for early retirement. I did not rely on government to make decisions for me.

If you are waiting for politicians to improve your life, your setting yourself up for disappointments. Especially if you are waiting for democrats.

They have just improved your life, by a negative $750 billion, and still asking for more improvements.

lepomis_mcro

cool im glad your getting along fine TP.

i was worred for awhile that.
$4.00 gas
the jump in the price of food
the jump in home heating, cooling
the most homeless since the 20s
roads and bridges that are falling apart
kids that are left behind in school
a war that cost untold lives
skyrocketing national debt
unemploment getting out of control

might dampen your day. its great to see my concerns were unfounded. 0--0
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

troutphisher

If your worried about the homeless, give credit to Barney and Obama.
They are about to increase that number by a magnitude of 100.

Roads and bridges have always been in need of repairs, even under Clinton, they did not improve beyond repair.

I would rather spend the money on war with religious fanatics and get them out of the way now, rather than pass this on to the next generation.

Unemployment was higher under Clinton, close to 7%

Our nation dept just increased $750 billion, because of Barney Frank, and Obama who opposed regulation.
Now they are asking for more bail outs saying we might not have done enough.

Kids left behind in schools, is bullshit.......
More kids can attend college, then any other time in our history.

Gas prices, have adjusted to inflation, and Democrats oppose offshore drilling, and Anwar exploration.

Food prices are directly tied to transportation costs.

I am concerned about those people who try to help themselves, but I don't give a fuck about those who fuck themselves, by not taking the time to actually study the issues. If you follow the lemmings off the cliff, you have no one to blame when you hit bottom.

The choice is clear.