News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Great interview

Started by The Dude, July 29, 2013, 03:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

He should have stood up and walked out on her!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Clemsontygerfan

I can't watch the video because I'm at work but I do have something to throw in here.  Forums are definitely not the place to debate Christianity but I want to share a story with you...

I serve with a not-for-profit missions group called Remember (www.rememberthose.org).  Our aim is to minister to the Persecuted Church- often times, the widows and orphans of those who have been martyred or imprisoned for their faith.  A few weeks ago, I was in Iraq with a team providing much needed medical care to people who have been forced to leave their homes in Syria and seek refuge in Iraq.  It should tell you how bad it is that they are having to seek refuge in a place like Iraq.  Anyhow, one of the days I was there, my translator said, "Hey, do you see that guy over there?  He used to be with the Mujahideen but is now a believer, loves the Lord, and is serving with the Church.".  A few days after I got home, someone was telling me that this region has always been bad, is bad now, and will continue to be bad.  Why do you waste your time?  This guy had given up on this region.  I told him a more detailed story about the guy I saw who was with the Mujahideen but is now a believer and is on fire for the Lord.  I said someone had to tell that guy about what Jesus Christ did for him on that cross.  That's why you can't give up on these guys!  This guy was like Saul- one of the worst persecutors in the world, but his life has been changed by God and he now has a passion to serve the very people he was persecuting. 

Again, this certainly isn't the place to debate Christianity- but I thought it might be a good place / time to share about what I saw that day.

The Dude

Sounds like the kind of guy who will believe anything someone tells him.  Insurance salesmen drool for those types.

I keed, I keed.   :laugh:
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

5xTippett

Keep up the good work, Clemson.

croaker

I couldn't watch the whole thing.  Both came across as babbling morons.  I'da walked out if I was there in person.
b';
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Jfey

Kept thinking of this line when that guy said, "I am a PhD!"

I AM AN F.B.I. Agent!
Yup, going fishing

Jfey

Quote from: Jfey on July 30, 2013, 20:41:11 PM
Kept thinking of this line when that guy said, "I am a PhD!"

I AM AN F.B.I. Agent!

Edit,  can't embed the link, but you all know the line.  Point Break in case you forgot.
Yup, going fishing

bullship

Yawn.....I got 72% on the quiz, bitches.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Rod Champion

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on July 29, 2013, 08:10:39 AM
Uncomfortable, excruciating!!!

I'd give my left testicle for John's positivity to be true, but my cynicism is beating the hell out of my optimism at the present.  I need a reboot!

"The highly religious ages were ages of blood and persecution. Man's tenderness for man has vastly increased. The sense of the sacredness of human life has increased as his faith in his gods has declined. He has grown more human as he has grown less superstitious. Science has atrophied his faith, but it has softened his heart. His fear of Nature has given place to love. Man never loved as he does now. He has withdrawn his gaze from heaven and fixed it upon the earth. As his interest in other worlds has diminished, his interest in this has increased. As the angels have departed, the children have come in."
(John Burroughs, "The Worm Striving To Be Man")

Stephen- Surely are not speaking of modern man..
Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822

Rod Champion

How do you describe Jesus and Faith.. Well Tygerfan just put legs to his faith. He actually is alowing this Jesus , who is so ridiculed, to live thru him. You think he does that for personal gain.. naw. That would be an example of true love for mankind.
Here is what I know: My chest was hurting so bad that it knocked me to my knees, literally. It hurt that way for 2 hours at the shop.
I sat up on the side of the bed and prayed " Lord , please let me go home to live or die. I don't want to die here, away from my family.
Witihn 5 minutes my chest quit hurting. I drove 3 hours home. I slept that night. Around 4:00 the next day, on Sunday, my chest floored me again. I mean it hurt. Carol, my wife, drove me to the hospital, and from there was flown to Charlotte. I had a massive heart attack.
I KNOW God answered a simple prayer.. He let me come home. That my friends is a fact.
I know I will be criticized for this. But I know, The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit let me come home. For that I am grateful.

Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822

bullship

I don't think anybody here is going to criticize you for any of that. I'm glad your prayer was answered.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Trout Maharishi

I'm not going to criticize anyone one way or the other for their religious belief in God, or lack there of. I do admit to some problems with the dogma being advanced by certain religions that are against my personal beliefs, like Muslims.  I believe in God and Jesus Christ now, but that hasn't always been the case. Even though it may not be the kool thing now days, or the progressive hip thang. I don't care, just don't label me as some rube just because I do though.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Oh I almost forgot ;) As bad as that interview was, and it was a hack job. Fox must be doing something right. Their viewership in prime time is almost as high as the other top 3 networks combined 'c; Somebody is watching :-\
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Clemsontygerfan

Right on Rod Champion!  Thank you for sharing.  That's awesome that you were able to go home to be with your family during that tough time.  It's even more awesome that you built an 'alter' in your head to always remind yourself how God answered your prayer that time.  Stand firm Brother!  Thank you for sharing!    'c;