Smith- Friday the fourth

Started by 5xTippett, December 05, 2009, 16:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

All right Beetle, here it is!  I spent Thursday night at Al's.  When I got up he was already in the woods trying to whack something!  I wasn't in a big hurry because they weren't going to stop generating until 10, and because it was as cold as a witch's titty anyway.  I hit the river around 11:30.  I was fishing a caddis with a midge that I modified from an earlier midge that I had modified from a midge that was invented by a friend of mine. The lake must still be turning over some, because the water was still pretty stained.  It would have been perfect for the kind of fishing Shane, Ralph, Dean and Peewee like, under the water, submarine type stuff.  It was not what the doctor ordered for teensy, weensy, midgy stuff.  It was kinda of slow at first, but it got slightly better.  I ended up with around 10 if you count the few that flopped off while I was screwing around with my camera.  I quit around 1:30 or 2:00.  I frankly miss the 60 degree weather.  I think I will wait until the water clears up and I get a better weather report.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

While I was trying to take my waders off with fingers I could not feel, I decided those people who fish for steelhead are a lot meaner than me, or it could be they are just insane.  I can duck hunt in freezing weather, but I can keep my hands in my pockets until it is time to shoot.

22midge

Looks like you had a good day fishing them cork and jig rigs  ;D ;D ;D Going to have to get you trying one of them brown submarines. After a few jerk you down and tries to take you home for the big ones to eat---you might forget the cold weather. ;D ;D Looks like we need to dump da minner buckets in the river so they got sompin to eat.Makes yea wonder when sometime you are getting a lot of casting practice you cant land near one of those 40,000 browns. ;) ;) Take care --be safe
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

rjs123

Good to see you got a few Ben.  I fished for a short time on Friday and only got a couple.

Beetle

Good stuff 5x!  Sometime you will have to share the pattern for the midge that you modified from an earlier midge that you had modified from a midge that was invented by a friend of yours.   ;D

22midge

hey 5x how many brands of corn are you fishing with? ::) ::)
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

croaker

Quote from: 22midge on December 05, 2009, 18:54:29 PM
hey 5x how many brands of corn are you fishing with? ::) ::)

This is the only brand Blake and Ben use...

;D
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

22midge

hey man "aint veggie bait grand"