SRTU Member and Friends Appreciation Day

Started by Dougfish, August 17, 2020, 15:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

To express our appreciation, the Smith River Trout Unlimited Chapter invites members and their families to enjoy the use of a covered picnic shelter for the day at Fairy Stone State Park on Saturday, August 29, 2020. This event replaces our September regular meeting.

The Chapter reserved Picnic Shelter #3 from 8 am - 8 pm. There will be fly-tying demonstrations throughout the day. Doug Jessie will share a powerpoint presentation of his recent CA trip for Golden Trout.at 4 and 5pm. And from 6-8 pm we will explore "The Underwater World of Trout" DVDs filmed by Wendell (Ozzie) Ozefovich.

The covered shelter accommodates 75 people. It features electrical outlets, lights, a large grill, and handicapped accessible bathrooms. There is a horseshoe pit nearby, but guests must bring their own horseshoes. A creek runs in front of the shelter. Each shelter guest must pay applicable daily parking fees of $7.00/passenger vehicle. Everyone needs to wear a mask, please. State regulations. We will have some available in case you need one. We'll have hand sanitizer available, too

The 168 acre Fairy Stone Lake has fishing for largemouth bass, crappie, and sunfish. The park has a boat launch for jon boats, canoes, and kayaks located on Union Bridge Road.

Concessions are closed for the 2020 season. Please bring your own meals and snacks. The Chapter will provide ice water. 

Fairy Stone State Park is located at 967 Fairystone Lake Dr., Stuart, VA 24171; Phone: 276-930-2424; Email: FairyStone@dcr.virginia.gov 

The park is open daily from 8 am - 10 pm. Jon boat and canoe rentals are available daily from 10 am - 5 pm. The beach is open daily 10 am - 6 pm. The bathhouse is closed, but the bathrooms are open. Please use the links below for more information about park facilities, activities, and any important park updates.

https://dwr.virginia.gov/vbwt/sites/fairy-stone-state-park/

https://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/fairy-stone

Eric Tichay is the lead. If you have any questions or require additional information please contact Eric at erictichay@yahoo.com or srtuandfriends@gmail.com
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

driver

Al

Quote from: driver on August 17, 2020, 19:58:05 PMYeah... No..

Well I am going to try it- probably won't get there until early afternoon. I want to see Doug's trip report in person. I might also bring a vice and tie a few Allieworms to give to the kids which will later be appropriated by their dads :o

If anyone has an empty seat in a canoe or Jon Boat I could be talked into trying the bream & bass.