well we fished the French Broad....

Started by Woolly Bugger, September 23, 2006, 19:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

pretty darn slow... all I caught were a mess of bream.. Disco caught one smallie spinning with a crawdad.

water was moving and was heavily stained....

would rather fish the New or James.....

but I can now check it off "the list"
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

lepomis_mcro

thanks for the post....i was thinking about you guys while i was at work, and wishing i was off so i could have went :)
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Peddler

I was all set to go then I reread everything about the trip.
I bailed! I thought we were fishing WITH a French Broad!

really, had family health issues and couldn't make it. It'll be better next time now that the place has been scoped out thoroughly!
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

teachrtec

Brad  8)

Woolly Bugger

We fished from Bent Creek down to Souther Water Way on Amboy Rd....

This is the section that goes along the Bitlmore Estate... one nice view of the house (mansion, castle, whatever)

Saw more equestrians that smallmouth.

me -There's a season?

Browntrout

The FB has not been fishing well at all this summer.  It seems like it is up and muddy all the time.  It will be fishable for a day or two then it'll rain and turn to chocolate milk.  I hit it on Sat. afternoon from Long Shoals Road to Bent Creek and only managed two smallies. ???  Least it's only only a few minutes from the house. 
I love the smell of the Mountains in the morning

teachrtec

The two dams in Madison CO.. are usually very productive for me. One in Marshall (Capitola EMC) and the one about two miles down (Redmond EMC). Both floatable and also good for rock hopping.

Brad  8)
Brad  8)