News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

FRED!

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 17, 2021, 16:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Trout Maharishi

I knew there was going to be a problem with the storm coming. The creeks were already high and the ground saturated. DRO said the road is blocked off beyond the shop at the entrance to the NF. I still remember years ago (2010?) when it flooded so bad it washed all the fish out of the hatchery into the parking lot at the NC wildlife center. Just a few years before that it washed the old wooden bridge out at the hatchery and a big rock and mud slide closed the road beyond the hatchery for years.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

The Davidson drains faster than most, looks like Haywood County is underwater. People are missing. Hope the Hillbilly is OK https://www.wral.com/houses-bridges-washed-away-fred-hits-western-nc-with-force/19830479/
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

jwgnc

Biltmore Village just south of Asheville near (now in) the Swannanoa river.

You cannot view this attachment.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Trout Maharishi

Little Swannanoa river looked like the Colorado
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

https://www.accuweather.com/en/videos/N5uPJQZD

Extreme Meteorologist Reed Timmer was on the scene as torrential rain from the remnants of Tropical Storm Fred led to severe flooding in Pisgah National Forest on Aug. 17.

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

I sent a message to Steve?Hillbilly last night. I haven't heard from him. Hope he's ok
― Charles Bukowski

Yallerhammer

Yep, I'm ok. I got caught in the mudslide traffic nightmare on I-40,, took me three and a half hours to get home yesterday afternoon. Then, the Pigeon was flooded across the road below my house. I live a stone's throw from the Pigeon, but I'm up on the hill. My truck looks like I've been mudbogging just from driving to work this morning on paved roads.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Trout Maharishi

I saw car crash footage, rock slide, trailors floating down the river. It looked like the read deal.
― Charles Bukowski

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 18, 2021, 11:20:54 AMI saw car crash footage, rock slide, trailors floating down the river. It looked like the read deal.
Yeah, it's a damn mess. Not nearly as bad as Ivan back in 2004, but bad enough.  Still lots of roads closed, including 74 through the Nantahala Gorge.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 18, 2021, 08:41:34 AM<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allow="autoplay; fullscreen" src="https://w3.cdn.anvato.net/player/prod/v3/anvload.html?key=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%3D"  width ="640" height="360"></iframe>
That's not far from me.

Trout Maharishi

Lots of people are missing :'(  Curso is on the edge of Shining Rock Wilderness on the Big East Prong of the Pigeon, and Lake Logan is where the West Prong of the Pigenon empties into. Both are steep gradient drainages.https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/north-carolina-flash-floods-brought-by-tropical-depression-fred-leave-30-missing/ar-AANt3BU?ocid=uxbndlbing
― Charles Bukowski

Yallerhammer

Latest count this morning is 35 people still missing here in Haywood. Not looking good after more than 36 hours.