News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

FALL PFF

Started by Devinsdad, August 25, 2021, 19:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devinsdad

Here we go folks.  Here is the information everyone has been waiting for
Fall PFF will be held October 8,9, 10 with early birds on Thursday Oct 7th.
We will be camping at Pursuit Farms in Bristol TN ( Juddie's Place)
Covid is still very much a part of our lives so use common sense.
If you are sick- STAY HOME.
We will have lots of hand sanitizer and hand soap available
We will have extra Porta John's with cleaning supplies to ensure safety.  Namely Lysol spray .... USE IT!
Just like spring PFF Only Cooks and their help will be allowed in the cook tent while meal prep is occurring.
For now, Plan to  set up your tents and the cook tent along Biedleman  Creek.  The cook tent will be placed somewhere near the mouth of the creek.
The river front area close to the pain in the ass neighbors / fence line  will remain unused for now.  Victoria and I will discuss this in further detail, but for now to save her headaches we will try to give the neighbor as much space as possible.  This may change, but this is the plan for now.
Cost for the weekend is $60 plus $10 extra if you come Thursday.
Because of the large number of people on this page  and the current conditions with Covid. Along with  the fact that this will be held on property that has been closed to camping for a while now the following stipulation will have to apply...
 If you have never been to a PFF or Smallie Show  and do not personally know or are not invited by a PFF attendee, I'm afraid you will have to sit this one out. 
I am hoping that Brian Lee and Scott Slutzker will weigh in on this and assist with the safety protocols, updates and insights again.
I will need cooks, cooks helpers and clean up crews for Friday dinner, Saturday Breakfast, and Saturday Dinner.  Stay tuned for more details.
Mail your money to
Bob Thomas
201 Ferstl Avenue
Belmont NC 28012

itieuglyflies

That's great news and count me in. Early in the summer the caretaker from across the river was trying to claim
ownership to the middle of the river and it caused quite a stir. Any updates on that?

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Devinsdad on August 25, 2021, 19:09:20 PMHere we go folks.  Here is the information everyone has been waiting for
Fall PFF will be held October 8,9, 10 with early birds on Thursday Oct 7th.
We will be camping at Pursuit Farms in Bristol TN ( Juddie's Place)
Covid is still very much a part of our lives so use common sense.
If you are sick- STAY HOME.
We will have lots of hand sanitizer and hand soap available
We will have extra Porta John's with cleaning supplies to ensure safety.  Namely Lysol spray .... USE IT!
Just like spring PFF Only Cooks and their help will be allowed in the cook tent while meal prep is occurring.
For now, Plan to  set up your tents and the cook tent along Biedleman  Creek.  The cook tent will be placed somewhere near the mouth of the creek.
The river front area close to the pain in the ass neighbors / fence line  will remain unused for now.  Victoria and I will discuss this in further detail, but for now to save her headaches we will try to give the neighbor as much space as possible.  This may change, but this is the plan for now.
Cost for the weekend is $60 plus $10 extra if you come Thursday.
Because of the large number of people on this page  and the current conditions with Covid. Along with  the fact that this will be held on property that has been closed to camping for a while now the following stipulation will have to apply...
 If you have never been to a PFF or Smallie Show  and do not personally know or are not invited by a PFF attendee, I'm afraid you will have to sit this one out. 
I am hoping that Brian Lee and Scott Slutzker will weigh in on this and assist with the safety protocols, updates and insights again.
I will need cooks, cooks helpers and clean up crews for Friday dinner, Saturday Breakfast, and Saturday Dinner.  Stay tuned for more details.
Mail your money to
Bob Thomas
201 Ferstl Avenue
Belmont NC 28012

Secret handshake holders only, others need not apply :laugh:  :wave  :cheers
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Phil

Quote from: itieuglyflies on August 25, 2021, 19:38:41 PMThat's great news and count me in. Early in the summer the caretaker from across the river was trying to claim
ownership to the middle of the river and it caused quite a stir. Any updates on that?

Ditto on counting me in and wondering about the the legal issues from the guy across the river.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

phg

I was just checking to see if anyone was still alive.  Put me down tentatively.   I'm about 80% certain I can make it for the weekend.

phg

Can we get an update?  I, for one, don't have access to Facebook....

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: phg on October 04, 2021, 15:41:08 PMCan we get an update?  I, for one, don't have access to Facebook....

it's gonna rain...  /'/
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 04, 2021, 17:36:11 PM
Quote from: phg on October 04, 2021, 15:41:08 PMCan we get an update?  I, for one, don't have access to Facebook....

it's gonna rain...  /'/

Have you ever gone to one and it not rain and be a 100 year flood? :drum
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Phil

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 04, 2021, 17:36:11 PM

it's gonna rain...  /'/

Ya think? I'm supposedly going on Thursday.  :o And, of course, my  sturdy waterproof "commercial" 10X10 canopy broke in June. Guess I get to stand around in the rain instead of sitting under it when not in my tent.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

itieuglyflies

Phil- I plan to show up on Thursday And will have my (cheap) canopy. More than enough room for your chair,
table and coffee pot!! Save me space.

Fred

phg

Steve, not that you wouldn't be welcome, but I don't recall you ever coming to a PFF event..., but, yes, rain, even flash floods, are normal.

Phil, I was always jealous of your 10x10 anyway....:)  I'll have my slant legged 10x10, which is barely 8x8, but if the wind isn't blowing it should be adequate.  We should have enough sitting space on Thur, before the cook tent arrives.  I'll also bring my big coffee pot and campstove.  I'll try to throw in my 4' table too. 

Several years, on Thur., we went into Bristol for Chinese Buffet.  Something to think about.....

Phil

I borrowed a 10X10 from a friend, should be good to go.Thanks for the "squatting" offers, fellas.

Woolly Bugger

A grand time was had by all and one had an especially grand time!

Some came early, some left early, most went to bed early but a few stayed up late.

The rooster didn't care, he let you know what time it was!

It rained a lot, but the weather was mild.

Here is a link to the photo dump of PFF 42

https://brfff.com/btwc/pff2000/PFF42/
me -There's a season?

Dougfish

I felt older just looking at those pics!
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006