Middle fork of the Salmon

Started by twinbridges, July 11, 2015, 22:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinbridges

Incredible 6days and 5 nights with the fellows at Solitude River Trips.  If you want to see what water is possible in a drift boat go for a ride with this bunch.  And food that is possible in a Dutch oven as well.  Totally amazing.  Will get some pics up soon.

natureboy

Looking forward to the pics!  Have heard and read that it is a pretty amazing river system.  The scenery alone is probably worth the trip.

twinbridges

And a bunch of cutts on dries as well!

sanjuanwormhatch

As in y'all ran some white water in the drift boat?

That one is on the list.

twinbridges

Yup, a bit of whitewater in a drift boat.  Lots of folks do this water in rafts but not too many can do it in a drift boat.  The rowers are amazing.  As someone who rows a bit I am totally amazed they do what they do. 

twinbridges

sanjuanwormhatch

Every since reading Emerald Mile and hearing about what they did in dory's, I've always wanted to do a little whitewater (or be good enough to do it) in a driftboat.

twinbridges

There were some Rapids with giant rocks and walls of water covering the boat!  I was holding on with no time for photos.  Timing was either perfect or there was trouble brewing. 

Woolly Bugger

I've read about trips through the canyon, always wanted to go -- maybe in the near future
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

twinbridges

This trip with Solitude is amazing in every detail.  Done a few deals and this one ranks at the top.  Details are important to this crew and they are endless in making this special.  Fishing is great, but the river, the landscape and the history will be with you forever.

BRFFF

sanjuanwormhatch

I need a beer even after just watching that.  F me.