News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Rugby?

Started by benben, August 20, 2013, 20:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

Tranny can probably make sense of the point of all this, I just see some mofo hauling ass all over a field.  Still an impressive show of sport.

snagaluffaguss

Ive all ways wondered what a rugby game would like like if America entered REAL professionals.

Im thinking a whole team full of pro Fullbacks. Running backs, Linebackers, and Defensive Ends from the NFL

would be interesting

Transylwader

Sorry Benson. Carlin Isles ain't got shit on Bryan Habana. He's rapid, tackles and is a real rugby player. Not a sprinter. Notice Carlin plays in Sevens which is almost touch or as you Yanks say "flag" rugby.
Snag, NFL players would be cheese grated on a rugby field. We don't wear all that fancy padding. It's rough, tough and selfish. Maybe we can organize a game in the DRO parking lot one day. My mum is here for a month soon. She'll be the ref...

wind_knot

Here is what TW speaks of.

:o :o :o

Transylwader

Windknot get's it.
Here's that Beastly Saffa:

snagaluffaguss

Dude?

Those are `185lb white guys arm tackling and accidentally running into each other. 

You can see that shit in a third rate high school football game.

No they aren't wearing helmets (well some had those retard helmets on) and pads but its because they dont need them for that daisy shit.

Put a 5 foot 10 260lb running back doing a 4.3 out there or a 6'4" 270lb linebacker and then you will see some nasty shit.

We havent even touched on the subject of  350lb offensive line men who can out run anybody on this board

American Football is a game of freaks of nature with some assistance from modern science.  They would hammer those tater eaters in the dirt.

bullship

100% agree with snag. Sorry. Tebow would be the fucking Jordan of rugby. Deangelo? They'd never even put hands on him. Absolute freaks indeed. They'd all knock my ass flat.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

snagaluffaguss

For Comparison

Keep in mind that some of that shit was college and high school and very little if any was "illegal."

Different ball game all together.

wind_knot

I'm going to say it. This is pads versus no pads. I think that would be a serious game changer.

Badass video though.

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: wind_knot on August 21, 2013, 20:50:31 PM
I'm going to say it. This is pads versus no pads. I think that would be a serious game changer.

Badass video though.

Thats always the argument.

Anyone who has played even at the HS level knows that pads are not (or at least before all the recent rule changes) for protection...

They (and especially the helment) are (were) weapons.

Watch the vid again with that in mind.

wind_knot

I know exactly what your talking about. But I still think that a lot of those spearing, helmet first, helmet to helmet hits would have never happened if they were in the same situation on a rugby field (even if the rugby players were wearing the retard helmets). 

You can't take away how hard the American football players hit though. If it wasn't a complete knock out, they are at least TKO's.

tomato can

The football players played rugby they would have to lose weight.  What is there 7 minutes of action in a 3 hour football game?  Most of the time the camera is focused on people catching their breath while walking back to the huddle, the coach screaming or some pedantic face painted retard holding up the letter "D" and a section of picket fence.  If a 60 minute football game took 90 minutes or even 2 hours to play, the size of the football player would decrease and the speed of the brief flurries of action would decrease also. 

bullship

Quote from: tomato can on August 22, 2013, 05:57:22 AM
The football players played rugby they would have to lose weight.  What is there 7 minutes of action in a 3 hour football game?  Most of the time the camera is focused on people catching their breath while walking back to the huddle, the coach screaming or some pedantic face painted retard holding up the letter "D" and a section of picket fence.  If a 60 minute football game took 90 minutes or even 2 hours to play, the size of the football player would decrease and the speed of the brief flurries of action would decrease also.

And this is why God invented beer and cheerleaders
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

The Dude

Quote from: bullship on August 21, 2013, 20:25:17 PM
Deangelo? They'd never even put hands on him.

Proper.

Oh, and I've said for a long time now, there is no better specimen with both large size and amazing athleticism than NBA basketball players.  I hate the NBA, I don't find it the least bit entertaining as a competitive sport, but I still can't deny the fact that they have guys who are 6'8" 255-lbs with quickness, agility, body control and brute strength that is as good as a combination of a gymnast and a body builder.  NFL is catching up with modern day WRs and TEs that are 6'5" 240-lbs who can run 4.3s and cut, jump, catch, and block as good as anybody on the field.  But the NBA is still tops there.  Freaks - no other way to say it.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: bullship on August 21, 2013, 20:25:17 PM
100% agree with snag. Sorry. Tebow would be the fucking Jordan of rugby. Deangelo? They'd never even put hands on him. Absolute freaks indeed. They'd all knock my ass flat.

Football, NBA, rugby players – doesn't matter!  Yes, most are fine athletes and face obvious perils from their sport.  But there is no athlete that faces more hazards than the bowler - core threats from their game - the drink, the eats, and the smoke.  Yes, bowlers are real men, true competitors.  And bowlers are also absolute freaks and no one dares to lay a hand on them.

http://www.starpulse.com/Movies/Kingpin/Great_Film_Moments/
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon