News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Recent posts

Local Trip Reports / Re: Smith-Continued
Last post by Woolly Bugger - Today at 07:09:40 AM

#24 -- 29 overcast, slight drizzle, clearing skies 50s

Last minute decision to hit the river in the afternoon as it was a dreary morning with periods of heavy rain. Since I got a late start I just hit the roadside attractions in town. As I was gearing up a wildlife officer pulled in and asked me if I had seen a Subaru. I had not. He drove on. I waded out to the top of the run and was surprised by catching a fish on the first cast. The one was quickly followed by a half dozen. I made a quick trip back to the car which was within sight to take off a layer of clothing and put four fish on ice. Back in the water I worked my way down to the bottom of the run and caught fish all along the way, culling two more for my limit. The river was up just enough to give me pause in crossing the deep run and I waded back upstream to the car. It was beer thirty and as I enjoyed my malty beverage a guy pulled in and asked how I did, "I caught dozen on a soft hackle." With a puzzled look, he replied, "I'm going down to the honey hole to catch my limit. They like powerbait and (undecipherable)."

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Testing the limits. I was listening to "Not so Quiet on the Western Front" podcast https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/not-so-quiet-on-the-western-front-a-battle-guide-production/id1716885995
and failed to notice the warning light. It went to zero before I was able to pull into a station. It appears that I had about 1/2 gallon left.

Last post by creakycane - March 27, 2024, 15:34:04 PM
Quote from: Dougfish on March 27, 2024, 13:42:05 PM
Quote from: creakycane on March 27, 2024, 12:50:42 PMLooks like reservoir level is already shooting up.

Up 0.06' since yesterday.  :wave

Yes I stand corrected.  My auto-scaling on this new site made the jump look worse than it is......

Seems most of rain is staying south and east toward I95 and further east.
Last post by Dougfish - March 27, 2024, 13:42:05 PM
Quote from: creakycane on March 27, 2024, 12:50:42 PMLooks like reservoir level is already shooting up.

Up 0.06' since yesterday.  :wave
Last post by creakycane - March 27, 2024, 12:50:42 PM
Looks like reservoir level is already shooting up.
Last post by Fin - March 27, 2024, 08:29:52 AM
Quote72 hour forecast is only .25 inches of rain!

Passed over the river this morning by the sports complex. Water still looks good.
Last post by Woolly Bugger - March 26, 2024, 15:52:33 PM
72 hour forecast is only .25 inches of rain!
Last post by Woolly Bugger - March 26, 2024, 08:27:40 AM

#24 -- 28 mid to upper 50s to low 60s partly cloudy

There was one TACO in the lot, at first I thought it was Doug but it was someone else. I hiked in with two rod and watched a hawk and crow do battle in the sky above the field. I hit a run, swinging flies but didn't even get a bump. Decided I'd do some trail maintenance while waiting for the day to warm up and give the bugs some time to get active. I ran into the other fisherman reting his rig at the T-pool bench.

After clearing the path I swung flies for the next couple of hours and caught nothing.

Moving back upstream I finally started to get some bumps and brought a few small fish to hand.

I spent quite a bit of time just sitting on the benches and watching the water flow by while sipping on a beer or two.

A raft with a pair of bobber fishermen floated by in the afternoon and anglers chased stockers in town.

Some rain in the forecast may change my outlook for the rest of the week but I hope to get another day or two in before the end of the month.

Last post by creakycane - March 25, 2024, 17:58:09 PM
Pretty day today.  Perhaps the clear, cold nights have suppressed bug activity.  Took a couple on nymphs, but slow going for me today.  Fished 10:30- 230 or so, water up a little and fairly clear once Town Creek dropped off.   Rain coming weds/Thurs will almost certainly require an increase in flow.   
Last post by Dougfish - March 24, 2024, 06:38:26 AM
My wife is all in.
1800 Sq ft heated. 600 unheated in basement.
She's also good for my 260 sq ft shop addition.  :Dance
She gets a new kitchen and expanded shower out of the deal. And laundry comes upstairs in a few years.
Last post by Phil - March 24, 2024, 06:37:52 AM
Downsizing. Heh. My home/cabin of 30 years has 900 square feet upstairs and a ship type spiral staircase down to a 500 sf basement with laundry and storage space.