News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

they are gone...

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 28, 2011, 20:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

the sulphurs are pretty much history on the Smith for this year...

managed to escape for a few hours on Sunday eveing to relax on the water.

much needed relief from the heat... could have put on some fleece by the end of the day...

-0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0-

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Holmes

ey wooly, nice colored up browns you got there... sure beats da "floating browns" we got floatin down da anacostia :laugh:

5xTippett

I saw a few Saturday, but just a few.  I believe you worked them over for a while though!

flynhokies

any of y'all have an opinion on good camping(tent/popup camper) around the smith?
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration."
-Claude Monet

dossphoto

Quote from: flynhokies on June 28, 2011, 23:36:12 PM
any of y'all have an opinion on good camping(tent/popup camper) around the smith?

Fairystone State Park would be my first choice, then Salthouse Branch, Goosepoint or Horseshoe Point with the Corp. of Engineers on Philpott.

troutrus

Directly on the banks of the Smith, just a few steps and you're in the trophy section. And, ya don't need the trout stamp down there.
http://indianheritagervpark.net/

Fire-Fly

Quote from: troutrus on June 29, 2011, 06:52:32 AM

Directly on the banks of the Smith, just a few steps and you're in the trophy section. And, ya don't need the trout stamp down there.
http://indianheritagervpark.net/
That area is not very pretty and there is limited fishing in that area, i would stick with what dossphoto suggested.