Hookers and Blow
3 (25%)
one time at band camp I got stimulated
3 (25%)
sex robot (added for Mudwall)
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Woolly Bugger

Winston started a pre education program to help get kids up to speed to enter kindergarten —  being 2 - 3 years behind at such an early age meant that they would always be playing catch up.
Don Flow of Flow Motors invested millions into this programs because as he stated in a fund raising speech "I can't find enough qualified employees from this county as they lack the basic skills necessary"
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I'll not pretend to have the answers on financial woes of others that may be suffering from this pandemic.

This coming Monday will be my first day volunteering at the county food bank.  My wife and I have been discussing the possibility of local hunger for months.  I recently learned there are well over 100 families in this sparsely populated county that take advantage of the food bank.  In a county fueled by tourism, a sharp decline in tourism employment is a blow.  So, any stimulus $, big or small, ill-advised or not, might be welcomed by some. 

I realize there are the lazy, manipulative, moochers out there, and there are those honest, working folk in need.  I don't have the time or ability to separate the two; let karma sort them out. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

greg

So does anyone know a good source for orvis cfo? Only place I seem to find them are eBay. Might be where my check goes

Onslow

All of whatever I get, will be donated to local crisis relief outfits that are fiercely dedicated to serving those that are victims of domestic violence, and food insecurity.

I hate to be this guy, but I'm challenging everyone who has seen their retirement portfolios explode this year, and those who did not miss a days work, to finish the work our government was unable or unwilling to  to do.  And that would be to get the stimulus  money into the hands of those who so desperately need it. Inaction has a way of turning into regret.

Phil

..."everyone who has seen their retirement portfolios explode this year..."

Retirement portfolio? What's that? Nothing financial "exploded" for me this year except that I lost my weekly music gig to the tune of $12-15K/year. My teacher's retirement didn't increase at all.
I agree, however, that the stimulus money should be going to folks who need it a lot more than me.

Dougfish

No stimulus checks here. But my MIL in assisted living with more in the bank than I do got hers.
And our taxes went up enough to offset any retirement fund increases.
Net nothing.
Just happy to be here and fishing.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Phil on January 18, 2021, 19:42:42 PM..."everyone who has seen their retirement portfolios explode this year..."

Retirement portfolio? What's that? Nothing financial "exploded" for me this year except that I lost my weekly music gig to the tune of $12-15K/year. My teacher's retirement didn't increase at all.
I agree, however, that the stimulus money should be going to folks who need it a lot more than me.

you mean last year.... not much portfolio action in 2021  <-;:
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

More Money Less Problems
Radiolab

Back in March 2020, when the COVID-19 pandemic was just beginning and the shelter-in-place orders brought the economy to a screeching halt, a quirky-but-clever idea to save the economy made its way up to some of the highest levels of government. Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib proposed an ambitious relief bill to keep the country's metaphorical lights on: recurring payments to people to help them stay afloat during the crisis. And the way Congress would pay for it? By minting two platinum $1 trillion coins. (You read that right).  In this episode, we take a jaunt through the evolution of our currency, from the gold-backed bills of the 19th century, to the most powerful computer at the Federal Reserve. And we chase an idea that torpedoes what we thought was a fundamental law of economics. Can we actually just print more money?  This episode was reported by Becca Bressler and was produced by Becca Bressler and Simon Adler. Special thanks to Carlos Mucha, Warren Mosler, David Cay Johnston, Alex Goldmark, Bryant Urstadt, and Amanda Aronczyk.  To learn more about these ideas check out:  Stephanie Kelton's book The Deficit Myth Jacob Goldstein's book Money: The True Story of a Made-Up Thing and the Planet Money podcast Betsey Stevenson's podcast Think Like an Economist  This website for more about #MintTheCoin And for a fun quick read, check out this WIRED article about the surprising origin of the trillion dollar coin.
Listen on Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/radiolab/id152249110?i=1000505388515
me -There's a season?

Big J

Quote from: troutrus on March 16, 2021, 10:33:26 AMGuessing if nothing came last time we can expect the same this time around. 🤔

I've noticed an increase in the amount of inbound mail lately from organizations seeking funding. Telephone calls from firemen, cops, breast cancer, etc, etc, etc. seem even heavier than normal. Can't help but think that increase is related to the gov't distributions.

Did you not receive a check because you were over the income limits or because you didn't file a tax return in 2019?  If it is solely because you didn't file a tax return you can recoup it on the 2020 tax return and the 2021 tax return.

Also, you all need to be aware.  The last covid relief bill changed 2020 taxes.  You don't have to pay tax on up to $10,200 of unemployment received in 2020 and there are some changes made to people that have to repay back Obamacare tax credits.  Frickin changing tax law in March for previous year taxes! Don't get me started on how pissed off we are about all the tax returns we have to amend....... 

Big J

There are several reasons why a person would not be eligible for filing a tax return but eligible for the stimulus. Anyone who makes under the standard deduction does not have to file. Also anyone who is on Social Security and that's their only income they don't have to file. Lots of people live on just social security. Part time college students who work part time and make under the standard deduction amount is another big chunk. These people have to file a tax return in 2020 to get their stimulus money. Our firm is filing people who just have SS income and just need to file for the stimulus money for free. We just don't feel right charging these people to receive their money.

jwgnc

Authorized Transaction posted overnight.  03/17/21 IRS TREAS 310 TAXEIP3 031721 *****************        $2,8000

We're fortunate, and I'm already too fat.  I need to stop by the local food bank and spread some good will.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Woolly Bugger

I'm giving all of mine plus some (a lot) back to them
me -There's a season?

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Dougfish on January 01, 2021, 16:34:52 PMA modern CCC could work on infrastructure week(years), job re-training, etc. Win, win.
Yallerhammer approves of this post.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff