Started by Al, February 14, 2006, 14:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Al's Smith River Guide Service

Home Tele: (Fayetteville, NC) 910-868-6235

Cabin Tele:  (Bassett, VA)      276-627-0723

Email:  aakitt@earthlink.net

Web: http://home.earthlink.net/~aakitt/smithriverguideservice/

I provide quality fly fishing guide service on many of Virginia's south central trout streams. I have fished the Smith River for years and consider it my "home water". I started fly fishing as a teenager and have learned a few tricks over the years. I consider myself a better then average fly fisherman. I'm currently the Volunteer Coordinator and primary  instructor for the NCWRC fly fishing clinics held for the 4th year in a row at the JEPFEC (Lake Rim). If you're a novice I can teach you. If you're an expert I can put you on some fish and learn from you. In either case we will have fun.

flyfish_va

Many of my clients on the Jackson have fished with Al on the Smith, and he always gets great reviews!
Dont just a man by the size of his boat, but by the size of his bait !

walt

Best wishes for your success Al..... you're a natural, no problemo.
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

5xTippett

Boys, Al quit guiding a couple of years ago.

Al

Quote from: 5xTippett on September 24, 2011, 12:12:28 PM
Boys, Al quit guiding a couple of years ago.

Ben is right - I had a good 10-12 year run and helped get folks interested in the Smith River again. When I turned 70 I figured there was to much good fishing left in me to spend it trying to make sure folks had a safe and productive trip. If you haven't guided on a regular basis you're missing a rare treat.  Sure, it looks like the ideal job but once you start doing it for money you enter a whole new arena.

Like most things on the Internet my website is still up and will probably never go away but I don't bother to update it anymore. I still get the occasional call or email and refer them to Lisa Hall who lives right on the river, is an excellent fly fisherwoman and at my urging recently started her own guide service.

walt

Best wishes for your success in "retirement" Al..... you're a natural, no problemo.  ;D
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy