News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

skunkage

Started by _Fish_Pimp, May 08, 2012, 10:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Fish_Pimp

I went looking for big wild fish Saturday afternoon and could only manage to get a couple flashes and follows with big streamers. No lie, one fish was about 30", I'm going to make him commit at some point. Nothing would really cooperate. I moved to another wild stream that has some bruisers as well and hooked a couple but they all came unbuttoned. I couldn't stand being skunked so I stopped by an un-designated part of a DH stream on the way back to "slay" some trout...that didn't happen either. I caught a nice smallie on a streamer so I didn't really get skunked of fish, just skunked of trout. I got back to campus, tied a few flies and have been writing papers and studying ever since...no fishing this week  ??? I feel empty inside..

here are a few pics of a bug, a big dead wild fish from the second place I went, and the smallmouth.

^^This was several weeks ago, one of the big fish I was targeting this weekend. taped at 25"

^bird attack?

Transylwader

Sounds like you need to stop eating at the McShits Ringsting parlor in Boone, it will fuck up anybody's day. Better "catching" next time ;)