News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

streamers+hoppers=good time

Started by _Fish_Pimp, May 04, 2012, 23:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Fish_Pimp

I went out about 5:00pm this afternoon with storminmormon. we got to the stream about 5:30. we knew there were some bigger fish in it cause we've seen and caught them this past week. I'm pretty certain they are run-ups, but it a designated wild stream. We both lost a couple on streamers before i threw a my rendition of a kelly galloup simple articulated streamer and got one to stay on and that is the rainbow pictured. we had seen one hanging out next to a rock and spooked it on our way up. we came back down and watched for a few minutes and saw it feeding on the surface and it even checked out a piece of bark that floated by. I tied on a size 10 foam hopper and on the second drift it followed it and sipped it, just like something you'd see on the fly fishing film tour. It was sweet. as soon as it happened we were pretty much screaming.  :laugh:  we didn't have a net with us..the storminmormon said it would be bad luck  b'; we tailed it and when we were about to get a pic it jumped, the hook came out because it had the barb flattened down and it went back in the water..we tried futilely to grab it again but we couldn't. It was an amazing fish, probably 18-20 inches. They all have really nice fins and colors, but their size makes them being stream born very sketchy. so what do you guys think?    Enjoy the pics!   
---I'm putting a nice wild brown from a couple days on here too  0:0

^brown from the other day

hopper  8)

my version of a galloup pattern...it works  ;D

fighting the fish on the hopper^^
hopefully that fish will be feeding the same next time I go back, Ill try to get a video.  -0-

franzenangler

That bow looks wild.  That river holds good wild fish but also gets alot of run ups.  Could be a holdover, a real fat fucker though. 
"Whatch'all boys doing around here?"

"I AM THE TRANSYL WADER!"

"I don't give a shit who you are boy, I asked whatcha doin'"

"That's it boy, you're in a heap of trouble."

Stormin_Mormon_92

franzen we were possibly thinkin the same thing, but if you look super close at those colors toward the bottom end of that fish, something just isnt right. its got like a black yellow tint almost like bruising. It may be be cause its old or maybe because of the stuff its eating but it was just kinda weird to see, but either way those fish are somewhat tough to catch and not just anyone can catch them so its fun either way
Tight Lines, Drunken legs

Transylwader

That bow looks like he got walloped in the face with a cricket bat :o
You App State lads are holding the fort quite well. 'c;